Want To See A Broadway Show At A Cheaper Price?

Look no further.

22
enjoynewyork.wordpress.com

This past Tuesday, my mom and I went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway. I bought her these tickets as a birthday present with Ramapo’s discounted price which you can get at Roadrunner Central, located on the second floor of the student center.

The buses picked everyone up right outside the Bradley Center. Transportation was provided there and back free of charge. With some traffic, it took us a little under two hours to get into the city. By the time we got there, we still had an hour before the show started. My mom and I walked through Times Square and just admired the soaring buildings and flashing lights. As we walked around, we visited shops and checked out different stands on the sidewalks. I would not consider myself a tourist because I live 25 minutes from the city; however, it never fails to fascinate me.

I have been to a few Broadway shows growing up with my mom. My first Broadway show was "The Wedding Singer" when I was in middle school. Even though I was young, it was something I had never seen before, and I knew I would want to come back again as soon as the curtain closed. My next show was "Wicked." "Wicked" was one of my personal favorite shows, which I have seen two times so far and I definitely would not mind seeing it again. After "Wicked," I had an eighth-grade field trip to see "Shrek" on Broadway, and I honestly thought it was not going to be good considering it was an animated kids' movie. I ended up leaving that theater in awe that a group of people could pull something like that off so well. Last year for my mom’s birthday, I got discounted tickets from Ramapo again to see "Kinky Boots" which was so good — just like every other play I have seen.

Broadway shows, as you can see, have always been a go-to for my family to bond together, especially during the holidays. I was glad to see that Ramapo makes it extremely convenient and cheap for us to still be able to continue this tradition. When my mom and I went to "Phantom," needless to say, it phenomenal. The performers, the orchestra, the props, etc. never fail to amaze me. I had a great night with my mom and I am sure she is looking forward to Christmas or mother’s day to be able to go again.

I wanted to spread awareness to Ramapo students of this opportunity so they can experience a great night out with a friend or family member themselves. Regardless of Broadway shows, Ramapo has a bus that can bring students to the city so everyone has the opportunity to feel this kind of thrilling environment, and I think more students should be taking advantage of it. New York City, to most people who do not live in the Tri-state area, is a place they put on their bucket list to experience in their lifetime, but we have such an easy way of getting there on a daily basis! I think people overlook how great and convenient it is for us, especially being students at Ramapo College. So take advantage of this opportunity and get your mom or significant other a wonderful present at a discounted price!