Yes, I Want To Be A Teacher, And Here's Why

Yes, I Want To Be A Teacher And Here's Why

I can only hope to be as great as the teachers I have had throughout the years.

55
classroom aesthetic

When I was in kindergarten, I had the best teacher. Mrs. Blanchard was the sweetest person I knew, and I could always tell that she cared. The way Mrs. Blanchard always treated us helped in my decision of what major to choose for college.

I decided I wanted to impact children the way she impacted me so long ago by gaining a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education. The most influential aspects of Mrs. Blanchard are that she always made sure to show us she cared. She was always teaching us how to treat others, and even today, I can contact her with any questions I may have regarding school.

Whether it was a big or small issue, Mrs. Blanchard always knew how to handle it. From snotty noses to bathroom accidents, there wasn't anything she couldn't do. Through everything Mrs. Blanchard taught us, the most influential, for me, was that she always made sure to be personable with us as students.

Although she taught the curriculum, Mrs. Blanchard made sure always to ask how we were. We started every day going around the carpet learning a little extra about each other. The effect of this lesson has shown me how to treat others with kindness and respect.

Kindness and respect were always essential in the classroom. We were taught to raise our hand if we had a question, to always say please and thank you, and to be in the habit of asking each other how our day was. Learning these manners and general acts of kindness followed me to where I am now.

As an Early Childhood Education major, I hope to bring those same aspects into the classroom when I graduate. My favorite thing about Mrs. Blanchard was that even now I can message her, and she's continuously there for me.

A few years ago, I went to spend the night with a friend and found out that her stepmom was Mrs. Blanchard. I was so excited because as soon as she saw me, she remembered exactly who I was. Mrs. Blanchard was able to recognize distinct features and facts about me. I thought it was pretty awesome because it had been ten years since she taught me! I can only hope to bring that kind of commitment to my job.

When I was in kindergarten, I had the best teacher. Without understanding the impact she would have, Mrs. Blanchard, helped me to become who I am today. She pushed me to see how significant the impact a teacher has on a student is. I hope that I will be able to leave this kind of impact on the students I teach in the future.