I Want My Soul To Be Yellow

I Want My Soul To Be Yellow

Brighter than the sun.

33
I Want My Soul To Be Yellow

I want my soul to be yellow.

Everyone has a favorite color. It could be pink, blue, purple, any one at all. Other than knowing your favorite color, no one ever really thinks about them. I think that there’s more to colors than the way we perceive them.

To be scientific, we have to know how we first perceive colors. Light receptors within the eye, sends messages to the brain, which recognizes familiar colors. When light hits an object, it absorbs some light, and reflects the rest of it. The light reflected is the color we perceive. Light and life are similar. We absorb everything from our surroundings, and how we act is a reflection of our surroundings.

I believe that there is a life force behind every color, the same kind of life force we find in ourselves, in our souls. Out of every color, the life force I want to encompass in my soul is that of the color yellow.

There’s a reason people sing about the color, dream about it, and embrace it on a sunny day.

Yellow represents an everlasting light, a hope that things get better. This is why I want to be yellow. Maybe, just maybe, I can be better, too. I won’t ever be a failure. I’ll always be growing, changing, and becoming brighter. And even when things seem dim, I know that there’s a morning just around the corner.

I want to be more than bright-- I want to be so bright that I’m beautiful as an extension. No one has ever called the sun ugly, because it’s so bright with yellow that it can’t be anything but breathtaking. That brightness, that happiness, could engulf my life and make me new from the inside out.

I want my soul to be yellow.

I’ve been other colors before. My soul has been burdened with blues, blacks, and grays. I have even found myself as the color green before, too. These colors are natural to experience in life, and the times that I was blue, or black, or grey, I learned a lot. I learned what my strengths are, my weaknesses, and what color I truly desire to be. Everyone hits a point in their life where the color becomes everything they want in life, everything they need.

Some people may think yellow is too bright or too happy. Yellow can be misunderstood. Yellow is an acquired taste, but it is a taste everyone acquires at one time or another.

One day people might understand me and the things that make me yellow, make me different. I want to be a light for people in their darkness. I want to smile everyday and I want to spread warmth to people. They’ll want to know my joy and my brightness.

“When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps”- John Lennon