I Want A Career With Disney

I Want A Career With Disney

August 5th can't come quick enough.

44

Sometimes I get dirty looks or weird stares. Sometimes these reactions are caused by one statement:

"I want a career with Disney."

When most people think of Disney, they think animated films, oversized mice, princesses, and rollercoaster rides. However, this top employer is so much more than that.

"The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies that make ours the world's premier entertainment company."

To those who tell me that my goal is silly or just a childish fantasy, you couldn't be more wrong.

I recently got accepted into the Disney College Program, a prestigious internship that will take up my upcoming fall semester. It's kind of like starting college all over again. New dorms, new roommates, new social system. I will admit, I am nervous, but I couldn't be more excited to add The Walt Disney Company to my resume.

So to make things more clear, here are just a few of the reasons I want to land a career with this amazing company:

1. The attention to accessibility.

This is so important. A company grows when all types can use and enjoy their products and services.

2. The messages behind each and every one of their films.

Disney has been adding new meaning to family, friendship and true love for decades.

3. The company values.

4. The attention to detail, big and small.

5. How much they care about every single one of their guests.

I could go on and on, but I think my point is pretty clear. Disney is an incredible company to work for, and I'm so excited to start my journey with them in a few short months.