I Wanna Talk About Me

I Wanna Talk About Me

Q&A

10
I Wanna Talk About Me
Katy Gentile

This week the Shippensburg, Pennsylvania community decided to do a Q&A to get to know one another a little better! Here are my responses!

How would your best friends describe you?

My best friends would probably describe me as being hard headed, humorous, crazy yet caring and big hearted individual.

Tell me ten things I would see when I walk into your room?

Well as my mom would say “a mess!” But first you would see hot pink walls that my dad painted when I was about 6, a movie poster on my wall from when I worked at a movie theater, and all of my makeup on my dresser. There is a huge picture above my bed of pink and orange flowers, and pictures I took in photography in high school.There is a good chance my dog may be laying on my bed or maybe my cat. You will also most definitely see clothes, my speaker, and my laptop in various spots in my room.

What are three random facts to know about you?

Three random facts to know about myself would be that I am a huge Billy Joel fan. I have seen him in concert twice now. I despise chocolate ice cream- it tastes artificial tasting. I also have a severe shoe obsession.

What teacher or professor most impacted your life and why?

I have had so many teachers and professors that have impacted my life, I can’t pick just one. Mrs. Hunter, my high school biology teacher, was so much fun and always a person I knew I could talk to about anything. Another high school favorite of mine was Mrs. Snead. I never enjoyed math and applied it to the real world until I took her math course. Can’t forget Mr. Atkinson, my high school Government and Street Law teacher. You can truly tell this man loves his job and he always made learning a fun experience. Senior year of high school I was blessed to have Ms. Davis as an English teacher, who started this love of writing inside me. Lastly, my writing Professor, Neil Connelly, continued to let me enjoy my love and passion for writing and taught me that details do matter!

Why did you choose to create content with Odyssey?

I chose to write for Odyssey because I have always loved writing. Towards the end of my second semester at college, I saw a post to join Odyssey from another classmate and was interested!

What motivates you to continue creating content for Odyssey?

The thing that motivates me the most when writing for Odyssey is being able to write about anything I want. I am also motivated by the amount of people I can reach with my thoughts, opinions, experiences and views. Not only do I have the opportunity to write with Odyssey, but I am also the Editor-in-Chief of my community, and I am always motivated by my brilliant Content Creators, and I love being able to see what they produce each week!

What are you majoring in and why did you choose that field?

I am continuing my passion of writing and majoring in communication journalism in hopes of sharing my work with the world some day!

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Five years from now I hope to have a career and traveling the world.

Who’s your personal hero? Why?

I don't have just one hero in my life, but two. Both of my parents are my heroes. I have looked up to them all my life and hope to find love in someone the way they have, to have such a beautiful family just like they have raised and to be a best friend for my children just as they have been to me.

What animal best represents you and why?

I would say an elephant most represents me. Not just because they are fat, but these creatures are very family oriented and in my book, family is most important to me.

If you could live through any historical event when/ what would it be and why?

My favorite point in history was the Civil War era. I think it would be interesting to live during this time period to see just how divided we were as a country and then be able to slowly build the country in unity.

Is your childhood dream job the same as your current dream job? Explain.

I wanted to be a lot of different things when I was younger, including writing for a newspaper one day. So I would say that my dreams haven’t changed too much.

Thanks for taking the time to read and getting to know me!