Wanderlust Is A Modern Disease That You Want To Have

If you lay awake at night dreaming of far off beaches, temples, and even street food, then welcome to the club because you have caught wanderlust.

15
https://www.flickr.com/photos/francyyyyyyyy/32420202991/in/photolist-8WjzXY-u4qGSn-6MDxdo-2jcxJ1-WeLdbr-nSB9k1-az8rXn-gRwCKf-sqDVjJ-27piqzY-2f1MPPc-opSB1g-29YT2oA-9nq6ec-piLRLw-enp47Z-Fp7Et4-cimtZL-jMcusF-EJZkVD-eBMjjU-RoS1R6-grT74f-f7VVmW-qtnLig

I consider wanderlust a disease. While that sounds awful it is not as bad as you think because like a disease wanderlust consumes you. Every day I think of a new experience I want to have or place I want to visit, and these thoughts consume my brain daily.

A traditional disease would eat at you and make you weak this disease we call wanderlust eats at you but it is also motivation to go out and travel. My wanderlust has drawn me into teaching English Abroad. This is something I would have never thought to look into if I didn't want to travel the world as my profession.

Wanderlust also leads to learning more about our world and the people that live in it. Seeing the world allows new travelers not only to see the sights but learn from people who call that place home. I have a friend from Mexico City and he says that Mexico City is so much more than people think. The city streets are steeped in Aztec culture since the city was constructed on the old dried up Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan.

Wanderlust also drives travelers to improve their language skills. My Spanish only improves when I speak it with other Spanish speakers. This goes for any language, not only Spanish because our brain remembers the experience of that conversation better than what we cold read in a book. If I ever get the chance to visit Italy than my Italian will improve from just basic words to maybe a full sentence.

So just like when I had the flu the past winter, wanderlust pushes me to get better and takes over my whole life. Except I love having this wanderlust "disease " because of it I have a plan to see the world. The only good thing then flu did for me allowed me to watch all of The Office in a week.