WALK THE MOON's Press Restart Tour Comes To Denver

If positivity had a sound, it would be the Press Restart tour.

1187
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/22/636548649748562747-491725260_FullSizeRender%20(24).jpg

Last night WALK THE MOON brought their A-game at the Ogden Theater in Denver. This vibrant Indie, pop-rock, feel-good, group is currently on their Press Restart tour featuring songs from their newest album release, What If Nothing. The album captures a lot of their original sound, while also encapsulating some of the rawer, more implicit lyrics linked to life, passion, and the meanings of both. If positivity had a sound, it would be the Press Restart tour.

The members of this band are all overwhelmingly talented. Front-man, Nicholas Petricca, is a phenomenal pianist, singer, dancer, and synthesizer. He handles the lead vocals and a lot of the background harmonies, but what's most special about him is his energy. This latest album features a lot of inspiration drawn from his recent experimentation in spirituality and that was evident at the venue last night. Nich quite literally filled the venue with this elated, almost magnetic atmosphere that really draws you into his set and makes you feel alive. It somehow connects you to him, not just as an artist, but as a person, and as a soul. His vulnerability on stage creates a sort of "oneness" between the crowd and the band.

Likewise, slappa-da-bass member Kevin Ray impressed me as always last night. Kevin is ridiculously good at multitasking and that was apparent on stage as he played bass, aided in percussion, and made intimate connections with audience members somehow simultaneously. If you're lucky enough to find yourself on Kevin Ray's side of the stage during a show, you're in for a treat as his interaction is really unlike any other. He seeks out smiles from every person on the floor and will make sure to smile back as soon as he sees that you're looking. He makes sure to get to everyone in the crowd and he makes the experience very personal and intimate. His ultimate goal is just to make sure that everyone is having the time of their life, and he effortlessly accomplished this last night.

The band also includes members Sean Waguaman on drums and Eli Maiman on lead guitar. Sean is like Superman with sticks. He went hard all night long and really embodied what is is to be a non-stop entertainer. If he has a kyrptonite, I definitely didn't see it last night in Denver. Likewise, lead guitarist Eli Maiman played the guitar like you wouldn't believe. He has a special skill for making the guitar sound like something that's not a guitar. His solos provide the sounds for Petricca's atmosphere. His guitar had a voice, and when I listened, it spoke. This tour is also special because the foursome is accompanied by friend and percussioinst, Lachland "Lucky" West and he elevated the live sound by bringing a little something extra to the group that you can't hear outside of a live show.

So, unless slapping on some face-paint, listening to uplifting rock music, and dancing your heart out with a crowd full of people as happy as you doesn't sound like your cup of tea, I highly encourage you to go see WALK THE MOON the next time they come to Colorado. This band is different. Good different.