7 Songs From WALK THE MOON’s Latest Album You'll Be Bopping To All Night

You’ve probably heard of the band WALK THE MOON from their hit single “Shut Up And Dance.” But their newest album, “What If Nothing,” has got so many other gems you have to listen to. I’ve recently had the pleasure of going to their concert in New York City on their Press Restart Tour and I’m still on a post-concert high.

If you’re into a mix of electronic and pop/rock music with raw lyrics, then you’re not going to want to miss this album.

1. "One Foot"

This is the leading single from “What If Nothing” and really embodies the journey that the four members of the band decided to continue to take together after going through individual hardships. Thank goodness they decided to put one foot in front of the other instead of drifting apart.

2. "Press Restart"

“Press Restart” is the first song on the album (and lends to some good, slow head bopping, if you’re into that). Close your eyes and soak in the lyrics of this one.

3. "Surrender"

This track is about the lead singer, Nicholas Petricca, and his recent breakup. It’s about vulnerability and acceptance, and I almost feel like I can feel his emotions rush through my body when I listen to it.

4. "All I Want"

I think this one is about figuring out what’s actually important to you, instead of allowing outside influences determine that for you. One of my favorite lines is, “I am my own sanctuary.”

5. "All Night"

This is a fun track, the kind that makes me want to jump around and dance in my room when no one is home.

6. "Kamikaze"

This one has a bit of a different vibe than the ones I’ve mentioned earlier. Petricca sings about abandoning logic and being reckless in this track.

7. "Lost In The Wild"

This song has a sort of “new-age” feeling to it. It makes me feel like I can leave all of my struggles behind, grab the hand of someone I trust and walk into a better future without any worries.

The rest of the album is stunning as well (as are their other albums), but these seven songs are definitely my top favorites. WALK THE MOON’s songs take me to a different place. I hardly even noticed that someone had spilled their drink in my jacket hood and that I was dancing between two middle-aged ladies at the concert.

Their music always makes me feel like I can close my eyes and dance the night away without a care in the world.