49 Waitressing Problems As Told By GIFs

49 Waitressing Problems As Told By GIFs

*Repeats "I love my job, I love my job" at least six times throughout the night*

66
49 Waitressing Problems As Told By GIFs
FeeX

I've been in food services for well over five years now, and for those who don't know, it can be rough. People can be rude, like really rude, food gets messed up, you get blamed for problems from both inside and outside of the restaurant, your feet constantly hurt and most of the time it's just downright exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, my co-workers, the customers (most of the time) and the constant flow of cash doesn't hurt either.

Here's hoping my fellow waiters/waitresses can relate, for those who've never been in food services here's a little insight of how the typical weekend evening shift goes:

1. Weekend game face strong:

2. When you realize the dream team is scheduled:

3. Greeting the hangry beasts be like:

4. When your first table sets the tone for the rest of the night:

5. When they ask for extra ice and with one sip their drink is nearly gone:

6. When you're a man down out front and in the kitchen:

7. Tending to the gluten free vegans:

8. When you have an impatient table:

9. But they still ask what everything includes because they didn't read the menu that's right in front of them:

10. When they ask for extra napkins before you even take the order:

11. When people order off menu and say "I know the owner, so it's okay"

12. When you know they're ordering more than they can handle and you try to warn them:

13.*Refills child's soda for the fifth time before the apps arrive*

14. When the customer complains they're cold:

15. When the regulars think they can do whatever they want:

16. When you know the order is right and the customer is arguing:

17. And you look at the clock and it's only 6:12:

18. And realize what's about to come:

19. When you're in the section near the door and everyone wants to sit in the back:

20. When they shake their glass at you:

21. When your favorite table walks in and requests your section:

22. When your partner goes on break and you get a full dining room:

23. Mental list: table one needs a refill of Pepsi, table five needs ranch, table 12 needs boxes, table seven needs to stop watching me...etc.

24. When you're feeling like the night has just flown by but the clock reads 7:04:

25. When they bring the tiny humans along:

26. And they leave the floor like this:

27. When you accidentally forget to put an order in:

28. And then they expect you to comp their entire meal:

29. But you don't have that authority so they ask to see a manager:

30. When you go to the walk-in to grab something:

31. When the party of 17 asks you for all separate checks in the middle of the rush:

32. When you just need a little reminder why you're here:

33. Except when you get a Jesus pamphlet instead of a tip:

34. When your arms are full of heavy pasta plates that just came out of the oven:

35. When you ask how everything is and instead of speaking they look at you like this:

36. When your table is just downright impossible in the middle of the rush:

37. When the cute boy is sat in your section:

38. When you bring a refill back and they're all praying:

39. When your table is nice and you're feeling a good tip coming on:

40. When the dinner rush is finally over:

41. And you finally get a sec to pee:

42 And your post-work plans are in sight:

43. Oh, just kidding party of 14? Come on in

44. When you're trying to clean and the table has been there since 4:32

45. When you're the first to come in and the last to leave on a Friday:

46. At the end of the night when you realize how much ketchup, mayo and ranch you've just served:

47. *Table comes in three minutes before closing and orders pasta and decaf coffee*

48. When you hear the doors being locked:

49. And you're finally reunited with your bed: