Wage War On Your Mind

Wage War On Your Mind

“Our brain produces as many as 50,000 thoughts per day…”

168
Wage War On Your Mind
Forest2Market

“Our brain produces as many as 50,000 thoughts per day. 95 percent of these thoughts are repeated daily and reflect the mindset or beliefs we hold that lead to those 50,000 thoughts.”

Wow. It’s taken me 21 years to realize the impact and influence my thoughts have on my mental well-being. What I watch, what I listen to and who I surround myself with all have major impacts on what I think about.

Not to mention, the Bible actually has a lot to say about our minds and what we think about as Christ followers. In Philippians 4, Paul says, “Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” In 2 Corinthians, Paul challenges believers to take their thoughts captive to obey Christ. And man that is not easy. The devil feeds lies into our mind every chance he can get. Most times we probably believe him.

But, it’s time to put sinful thoughts to death. Wage war on the thoughts in your mind that don’t glorify God. Romans 12:2 says, “Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”