Voices of Solidarity

Voices of Solidarity

The Protesters of the Inaugural March for Solidarity In Keene, NH

19
Voices of Solidarity

On January 20th in Keene, New Hampshire, many gathered in the town square to begin The Inaugural March for Solidarity. The march was a protest that followed an extremely controversial U.S. election season and outcome that seem to widen the space between an already divided nation. The march was organized by teachers, staff, and students at Keene State College and was meant to unite those who believe in academic freedom, freedom of speech, and inclusivity.

The march ended with a rally outside the Keene State Student Center. The rally featured speakers such as march organizer Dr. Marin Sullivan of the KSC Art Department, Emily Robins Sharpe of the English Department who read a Langston Hughes poem, Seanna Flynn of KSC's Campus Ecology, Dr. Nicholas Germana of the History Department, New Hampshire State Representative Joseph Stallcop, Patrick Regan from the KSC improve group "3 Ways Til Sunday," and Kathleen Dougherty from the Holocaust and Genocide Awareness Club at KSC. The march was followed by the women's march that took place the next day in different parts of the U.S. and all around the world, including Keene.

Thank you so much to Dr. Sullivan and all the participants of the march for allowing this video to be possible.

Music Used:

Event Departure by Silent Partner

Serenity by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)

Artist: http://audionautix.com/