13 Reasons To Visit The Cleveland Museum

13 Reasons The Cleveland Museum Of Art Is THE Place To Be

Spend your day at the museum. You never know what you can learn.

716
Jenny Roberto

Imagine enjoying a nice and relaxing day at the museum, among others, who are eager to explore and visit the many creations of some of the most famous artists in the world. You might wonder, "what is there to see? Is there anything new?" The answer to that is YES! The Cleveland Museum of Art continues to update and bring in new artwork as frequent as they can, to keep their visitors eager and on their toes.

Here are my 13 reasons that the Cleveland Museum of Art is the place to be:

​1. The peace and quiet

It is so relaxing, being able to walk around in such a peaceful and comforting environment. Just being in the presence of all the artwork with no distractions, gives your mind the ability to think and reflect on all of the amazing pieces you will see.

2. The sunlight that shines in

There's nothing more beautiful than seeing the sun's ray's shine through the windows on the artwork or sculptures. It's truly breathtaking.

3. The artwork

Along with the historic paintings, the Cleveland Museum of Art offers a contemporary art exhibit as well, to satisfy those who love and enjoy this particular perspective of art. Even if you are unaware of what kind of artwork you are interested in, this museum will have you leaving with a deeper understanding and curiosity like never before.

4. The architecture

Rodin's "The Thinker": 1880-81

Jenny Roberto

I love the architecture of this museum because in some places, it looks modern, but in others, it has a very Roman Empire feel to it.

5. The conversations

I always find it fun to travel to the museum with friends and family. Because of this, it is a great way to talk about the art, the meaning behind it, and the artist's inspiration behind the piece.

6. Exploring new exhibits

Currently, The Cleveland Museum of Art offers the Shinto exhibit, which is the "Discovery of the Divine in Japanese Art," which ends on June 30, 2019. The second exhibit is "Gordon Parks: The New Tide, Early work 1940-1950," which closes June 9, 2019. The third exhibit is "Cai Guo-Qiang: Cuyahoga River Lighting" which closes on September 22, 2019. The fourth exhibit is "A Lasting Impression: Gifts of the Print Club of Cleveland" closing on September 22, 2019, along with the previous exhibit mentioned. The final of the current exhibits that are available to see is "Color and Comfort: Swedish Modern Design" which ends on February 9, 2020.

7. The anticipation to go

Whether it's a sunny or rainy day, The Cleveland Museum of Art always has something that will intrigue their visitors.

8. The large amount to see

It is NEVER a boring experience at The Cleveland Museum of Art. There is so much to do, and so many exhibits and collections to see and explore. There is African art, American Painting and sculptures, Egyptian and Ancient Eastern Art, Greek and Roman Art, art of the Americas, Chinese art, contemporary art, decorative art and design, drawings, European paintings and sculptures, Modern European paintings and sculptures, Indian and Southeast Asian art, Islamic art, Japanese art, Korean art, Medieval art, photography, prints, textiles, British portrait miniatures catalog, and deaccessioned art.

9. Seeing my favorite pieces of art 

I love visiting all of my favorite pieces over and over again. It is never a boring experience stepping into the Cleveland Museum of Art. It's very peaceful and also exciting, to see specific pieces of art that hold a special place in your heart. Some of my favorite pieces that the museum currently still has are "The Large Plane Trees" (Road Menders at Saint-Rémy) by Vincent van Gogh - 1889, "Gray and Gold" by John Rogers Cox - 1942, "Christ and the Virgin in the House at Nazareth" by Francisco de Zurbaràn - 1640, "The Poplars at Saint-Rémy" by Vincent van Gogh - 1889.

In particular, what I like the most about these pieces, is that it is fascinating to see the different textures of paint, along with the brush strokes. When it comes to the Biblical artwork, I like how you can see the emotion and how much meaning there is behind the art. By looking at the painting, some of it feels so realistic, that you can picture yourself there at the scene.

10. It gives me inspiration

Although I truly don't consider myself an artist, seeing the paintings around me inspires me to create my own pieces of art someday.

11. It is an educational experience

I believe that there is much more behind just looking at the paintings. By truly observing them, in addition to reading and learning about the different styles and techniques used by the artist, can give you information that can answer some of your questions. The Cleveland Museum of Art can also open your eyes to discovering what type of art or style you like the most.

12. There is music and performances

In addition to the various exhibits and collections, there are also musical concerts, along with performances. I truly believe that the Cleveland Museum of Art has so much to offer, to suit each visitor's interests.

13. You can become a member

If you become a member, you receive special benefits. Many of them being discounts on parking, discounts in the gift shop, and for concerts, in addition to a few others.

Step into the Cleveland Museum of Art with an open mind, and you'll be surprised at how much you can learn, and memories that you will leave with!