Visit A Waterfall – My Visit To Tinker Falls

Looking to have a peaceful day? Visit a waterfall.

31
Chandler Burke

Yesterday was exhausting but beautiful. My roommate and I had a brand shoot to do so we decided to go to Tinker Falls, unaware that it would likely become our go-to hiking spot. In the morning we ate some breakfast and then got in the car at around 9 a.m. for a thirty-minute drive to Tinker Falls.

With two weekends in-a-row going to some sort of falls, like last weekend we went to Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada, we were excited to see what the waterfall would be like at Tinker Falls. If you are from around Syracuse, New York, or are visiting and looking for a very photogenic hiking spot, head to Truxton, New York, where these falls reside.

When we arrived we immediately headed towards the large waterfall and were mind-blown. The pictures online were pretty, but after seeing it in person we were both amazed. Half of the water was frozen over while half of it was flowing perfectly, which made for amazing shots for the partnership I was doing, but also for beautiful and peaceful scenery to just stand and watch.

I decided to hike up the extremely steep mountain, one that I would only recommend hiking in the summer, to view the falls from even closer. It was beautiful, but if you are afraid of heights, like my roommate, I would not suggest hiking up it. It was also very slippery due to the weather recently, so I quickly found myself making my way down in fear of slipping.

After many pictures and soaked feet from walking across the water to get to the side closer to the waterfall, we decided to hike the trail which led to the edge of the waterfall where you could see it from the top—which was very interesting. The view from the top was gorgeous, and I wanted to stay and watch the falls from there all day.

We luckily went on a beautiful, warm day, which made being in the woods in the spring more bearable. After our hike, we got into the car and both admitted that we would be back very soon. Once again, if you are in the area, definitely make the trip. If not, go to your nearby waterfall—it is extremely peaceful and a slight distraction from the crazy semester it has been.