Virtual Reality Headsets

Virtual Reality Headsets

Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, and Samsung Gear VR.

26
Virtual Reality Headsets
PlayStation

Many people get really into video games. They have so much fun. I know I personally love stepping out of reality into the game world. You can lose yourself in the world of gaming. Well, what if I told you really could step out of reality, and into virtual reality. No, I am not talking about Sword Art Online levels of virtual reality but hey, it's a start.

Samsung Gear VR: $99.99

Release Date: Available

Mobile phone VR headsets came out first. One of the more well-known headsets is the Samsung Gear VR. What the Samsung Gear VR headset did was allow you to insert certain Samsung phones into the front part of the headset. Then, certain apps and features would allow you to play or watch using the VR headset. It was a simple start that required a certain kind of phone to use. The phone fit snuggly into the front of the headset (pictured) and then there was a cover to put over the phone to help make sure it is more secure and it is also more aesthetically pleasing. It is a limited headset since it only works with the phone but it was/is a great first step. The Samsung Gear VR is actually powered by Oculus, which is the next virtual reality headset I will be talking about.

Order yours here: http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/gear-vr/

Oculus Rift: $599.99

Release Date: Available

Next up we have a bit of a more advanced headset. The Oculus Rift. As I previously mentioned, Oculus powers the Samsung Gear VR. That in mind, this VR headset is a huge step up. No more phone needed to be inserted in the front. The Oculus Rift is quite a bit different than the Samsung Gear VR, even though they are both powered by Oculus. The first major difference is the price. It is $500 more. That should tell you something right there. The Rift allows you to play games, immerse yourself into a virtual reality movie, or just hang with friends in VR and let it seem like you are really there. The Oculus Rift takes things several steps, leaps, forward from the Gear VR. Purchasing an Oculus Rift is like purchasing a new game console. The Samsung Gear VR is powered by your android phone, the Oculus Rift is powered by your computer. Popular games like Minecraft, are coming to Oculus Rift, but there are already many games planned to be launched with the launch with the Oculus Rift

Order yours here: https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/rift/

Playstation VR: $399

Release Date October 13, 2016

Last, but certainly not least, we have the PlayStation VR. The name is a clear indication of this headset's primary use. It will require a PlayStation 4 to use, so all you PlayStation 3 users, if you were looking for a reason to upgrade, here it is. It will allow you to immerse yourself in the world of gaming. Gaming is its priority but that is not all that it can be used for. Like the Oculus Rift, you do not have to put a phone in the front, it's basically an attachment to your current system. What’s nice about it is if you already have a PS4 then this is cheaper than the Oculus Rift by $200. However, if you do not have a PS4 you're going to need to drop $800 for the total package. That isn’t really a downside though because your PS4 will allow you to play a ton of other games (plus it's basically a computer, it’s worth it). The PSVR is going to be a great addition to the PlayStation family and it is highly anticipated. It’s not out yet but you can pre-order one now.

Pre-order yours here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstat...