Verses to Remember when Questioning God

Verses to Remember When You're Questioning God

And even when He's not, He is still good.

180

Whatever stage of life you're in, it's difficult. Whether you're in college and young adulthood, starting a family, or reflecting back on the life you've lived, there are going to be hardships. And, speaking from experience, I know what it's like to fall into the dark pit of questioning God's intentions and feeling like He has abandoned you. I can tell you with 100% assurance that that is not the case. He never puts anything in our lives that we cannot handle, and contrary to popular belief, it's okay to question Him. He wants us to ask questions so He can show us just who He is and how He wants to use us. Here are some of my favorite verses that remind me that He is always in control and looking out for us.

P.S. if you are struggling with your faith in any way, PLEASE reach out to me on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!! God calls His people to evangelize and spread the good news of the Gospel, and I would love to help you along your faith walk with Him!!

When You're Questioning God's Love

When seemingly bad things rain down upon us, it can feel like God doesn't love us anymore. However we must remember, as it says in Genesis 1:27 (NIV), "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." God loves man so much He created us in His image, which no other creature can claim. Not only are we made in His image, but His love was poured out for us on the cross as well. Romans 5:8 (ESV) says "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." One of the most well known verses in the world, which sums up the magnitude of the Gospel, is John 3:16 (NIV), which says For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." God sent Himself in the form of His Son, Jesus, to live a perfect life on Earth and take on the sins of man for all eternity so we could live with Him in Heaven forever. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

When You're Questioning God's Plan

It can definitely feel like God has no part for us in His plan. Put that feeling on the back-burner and imagine how the Israelites felt when God had them wander in the desert for forty years. I bet they felt hopeless and that God had forgot about them, but even all that wandering had a place in His plan. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God is never going to be against us and only wants us to succeed, which we will if we follow His plan. In fact, even if His plan isn't what we wish would happen, we are still called to praise Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV) says "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."Even the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV)) contains the phrase "your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Like I said before, God never wants to see us fail and He never gives us anything we can't handle. We just have to remember to stay committed to His Word and love Him, regardless of what His plan entails.