Will Vero Be A Social Media Game Changer?

Be picky about what you share and who you share it with.

258
kaboompics

Vero, what is it? When did it come to be? And, will it change the way we use our social media and the presence we uphold on it?

First off, we must understand what exactly it is. Its description within the Apple App Store states that with this app you can now "share more, always being sure who will and won't see your posts". It also suggests that this is a new way of sharing what it is you want online between those who you want to see it and those who you don't. Basically, it is social sharing online which allows you to be picky in the simplest terms. And who doesn't love to be picky?

In order to form an opinion and have a greater understanding of what Vero has to offer, I had to download it. Initially, I was both skeptical and curious, but after downloading, I created a profile and started searching. Vero's platform has dark tones and is sleek and modern when it comes to the presentation, which is refreshing. As for user experience, I find it to be a bit confusing honestly which could definitely be due to the fact that I am brand new to its capabilities and also because there seems to be a lot of in and outs.

One out of the five main tabs is your profile, also known as your "dashboard". This consists of a profile picture, a bio, your connections (close friends, friends, and acquaintances), number of people you follow, number of people who follow you, your posts, requests, and settings. Overall pretty similar to other social media platforms.

The other tabs in addition to your dashboard include Search, Collections, Notifications, and Chats. These are also very similar to other major social media outlets. The major aspect that I really admire about Vero is the versatility that it provides for its users for whatever it is they want to post.

By clicking the "plus" button, to add a new post, there is a wide range of specific options when it comes to what it is a user would like to share with others. For me, being able to specifically share a link is an awesome perk and it makes it easier to share articles such as this one, as well as other sites that I think others should look into.

Although there is still much to learn about the app and what we have to gain from Vero, the question still stands as to whether or not this will be the app that everyone will be dying to download or if its fame will be short lived.

This is a question that depends only on one thing - us. We are the users and if enough people use an app and have a desire to use it regularly it results in a new space that allows for communication and connection. Vero is slowly but surely making its way into the scene and seems to be in competition with the "big guns": Instagram and Twitter. Vero may be a force to be reckoned with in the near future.