A Valentine's Love Letter to My One True Love: Myself

Netflix is red, and so is my sweater, binge-ing on ice cream and writing myself a letter

62

Dearest Georgia Kay,

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
With your dazzling green eyes,
I can't stop staring into the mirror at you.

Hello Gorgeous.

All the clichés in the world cannot describe how wonderful you are. You are the Apple of my eye, as beautiful as the day is long, and the best thing since sliced bread. You are the cats Meow: You knock my socks off and I am head over heels for you.

Sometimes I like to look at our past, to see all the time you made me cry, laugh, and fall in love with you...
Remember when you wore the exact same dress as another girl to a dance? And then because of that you edited all future dresses to be unique and personalised?
Remember when you faced your fear and rode your first roller coaster, not realising it had a loop, so you yelled at everyone after the ride?
Remember when you put up signs claiming you owned the creek(Georgia's Creek) because you were fighting with some boys across the creek, even though it was public property?
Remember when you wrote a cheesy love letter to yourself for the internet to read? Mmhm. Good times.

And to the present... every day with you is an adventure-a grand quest for laughter, fun, and whatever the next best show on Netflix is. Here you are, discovering paradise in your worn out converse, trying not to die as you navigate driving on the opposite side of the road. Here's to you for being you. No matter how sunburn you get, you will always be a cute sun dried tomato looking human being.

And as for the future...I cannot wait to continue getting to know you. Learning all the types of alcohol you don't like and all the candy you do(If anyone wants to buy me chocolate for Valentines, I like Hersey kisses). Learning what I want to make of myself and what mess I'll get into next. Georgia, as cheesy as it sounds, you may not be where you want to be, but thank goodness it's not where you were. Maybe your yearbook will be right and you will invent a time machine to go back to the 80's(Cue Simple Mind's "Don't You Forget About Me" as you walk past a mirror). The world is your oyster. And you are one beautiful pearl.

It may have taken some time but I've fallen in love with all your epic weirdness-rapping Hamilton(badly) in the shower, watching cat videos without shame, and making random lists of thoughts you have in the middle of conversations. You are your own work of art, an experience in itself. You are the Mona Lisa, A Shakespeare Sonnet, The Colosseum, and The Tower of Pisa. And if baby I'm the bottom, you're the Top.

I honestly and quite literally can't imagine life without you.

Love,
Geo