10 Sweet Valentine's Dates For Long-Distance Relationships

Dates from thousands of miles apart are still super fun and romantic.

3

Being a long-distance relationship can be hard on holidays like this, but there are still plenty of ways to make the day great. I've definitely done a few of these, and they're honestly so much fun!

Watch a dating TV show together

Start watching the show at the same time, while you're on Facetime, and make fun of the contestants together.

Watch a romantic movie

Although I would not be caught dead doing this one, I have heard that watching The Notebook on Valentine's Day is basically a requirement. Fortunately, it's easy to do it together with the help of technology.

Pick up your own gifts

To avoid shipping, and things possibly showing up late, you can go to the store (while on the phone together) and pick out everything you want. This includes chocolates, the cute little stuffed animals, and whatever other gifts you want for Valentine's Day. It's even more fun if your partner tells you what to buy, because then it's like they're picking out your gift you.

Send each other cards

Valentine's Day is the perfect holiday to send those "open when..." letters. You can mail each other a bunch, for any occasion, like "open when you're sad," "open when you're mad at me," "open when you're excited," and "open on Valentine's Day," that way they get one right away.

Go out to dinner

You can pick a type of food, like Indian or Italian, and you each go to a nice restaurant of that type and Facetime each other while you're there.

Order in

For long distance couples, the best thing about chain restaurants is that you can both have the exact same meal while you're thousands of miles apart. So, if you both like Domino's, you can each order the same pizza and eat at home, almost like it's a normal date when you're together.

Cook a fancy meal together

This way, you get to have the fun of cooking together and having the same meal, even though you're not in the same kitchen.

Dress up for the day

Getting all dolled up for big dates like Valentine's Day is part of the fun, so don't forget to do it, even for a Skype date.

Sing them a song

What's nice about gifts of songs or poems is that they can be given while you're apart.

Ask them to be your Valentine

Finally, as cheesy and pointless as this is, asking your partner to be your Valentine is still cute and romantic, which is Valentine's Day is about.