Things Jordan Peele's "Us" Will Make You Terrified Of

Jordan Peele's new "Us" is arguably already the scariest film of the year. Peele not only brings typical horror to the screen but will make you terrified of ordinary, everyday prompts items.

11:11

The verse Jeremiah 11:11 is referenced throughout the film. This verse states "Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape — and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them." With the movie being about evil forces, this verse makes sense to be a central theme throughout the film. Little details such as game scores and times on clocks also reference back to 11:11.

Beaches

Summer vacation? She's canceled. Or at least take me to the mountains. The opening scene involves scary stuff going down on the beach, as well as a scene later in the movie. Needless to say that my beach-bumming days are over.

Fairs

Let's just say...shit goes down at fairs.

Masks

Whether it's a Halloween mask, ski mask, medical mask, or people masking themselves, you won't want to be anywhere near them.

Hands Across America

The benefit event that took place on May 25, 1986 will NO LONGER make you feel good and hopeful for America.

"I Got Five on It" - Luniz

This Luniz song plays a huge role with being the trailer song as well as weaving it's way in and out of the soundtrack of the film. The Wilson family even has a discussion about the "dope", and "classic" song on their way to the beach. Although the song doesn't have any known underlying meanings for the film, it's just really creepy to listen to now.

Jumpsuits

If you see someone in a jumpsuit...specifically red...and specifically someone who looks exactly like you...just run!

Rabbits

Jordan Peele must have strategically thought of when "Us" would be released because I've never been more terrified for Easter...

Scissors

If you didn't have a fear of sharp objects already, you will now.

Yourself

Question everyone. Even yourself.