6 Artists You Need To Add To Your Playlist ASAP

6 Unproblematic Artists You Need To Add To Your Playlist ASAP

We've decided to stan indefinitely.

5148

If you've been on social media recently, you'll know that that music industry is going through a state of turbulence. It feels like every week, there is some new scandal or a reason to cancel your favorite artists. I know I've gone through some disappointments from my faves these last few months.

But all hope is not lost, because I have a few artists who aren't making headlines and are quietly making bops for the masses.

Rico Nasty

Rico Nasty being the sugar trap queen that she is.

Rico Nasty is not new to the rap game. In fact, she is true to her craft and continues to perfect it as speak. A DMV rapper, her combination of trap and bubblegum music makes the perfect "sugar trap" bop. She graces every verse she throws down and her concerts will instantly make you want to start a mosh pit. Her vibe is unmatched and her quirkiness is unlike any other. Some of my favorite songs from her are "Trust Issues," "Key Lime OG," and "Guap (LaLaLa)."

PRETTYMUCH

PRETTYMUCH Photo shoot for their debut single "Jello."

Stylized as PRETTYMUCH, this boy band debuted in early 2017. It's comprised of five members: Brandon, Edwin, Austin, and Nick. They churn out beautiful pop melodies that have a slight twist of new school beats. Their diversity is what makes them something to watch for in 2019. Notable songs are "Teacher," "Open Arms," and their newly released single, "Jello."

Summer Walker

Summer Walker performing during 6lack tour

Summer Walker is what I consider to be THAT GIRL. She simply has the voice and the vibe to be a force to be reckoned with in R&B. She has a smooth melodic voice, but at the same time, her lyrics speak truth on what modern love and dating look like. My favorite songs are "BP," "Girls Need Love," and "Session 32."

Jon Bellion

I've tuned in to Jon Bellion for about three years now, and his penmanship and unique usage of beats make him someone I'm extremely proud to listen to. Though labeled as a pop artist, Bellion can fit all of your musical needs. He sings, he raps, and his beats are something of new age techno. His concerts are ethereal, and he is the purest human being out there. Some of my favorites by him are "Luxury," "Jim Morrison," and "JT," and off of his newly released album, "Glory Sound Prep," which I highly recommend.

Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey being so gorgeous, beautiful, and mysterious at the same time

Lana has had a place in my heart for quite some time now, and she continues to amaze with her heavenly music. Get into her dreamy and soothing music for the trip of a lifetime. As the self-proclaimed gangsta Nancy Sinatra, we've decided to stan for life. Some of my favorite songs are "Mariners Apartment Complex," "Love," and "Shades of Cool."

Trinidad Cardona

Trinidad Cardona in December 2017

Do yourself a favor and add him to your playlist right now. I'm telling you right from the jump, you will NOT be disappointed. You may have heard his hit debut single "Jennifer," which gives a 90's-esque vibe, and his voice is even more reminiscent of that era. When I first heard his voice, I was completely thrown off, but slowly came to fall in love with him and his craft. I constantly have him on heavy rotation, and frankly won't get tired of him no matter how annoyed my friends get in the car. My favorite songs include "Even If," "Ai Se Eu Te Pego (I Got You)," and "Dinero."

I hope this list gave you an insight of who to stan. And if you're still on the fence, just take a listen to one of their songs.

Related Articles Around the Web