Aaliyah

Aaliyah's New Wax Figure Gives Me LIFE

I have never seen a wax figure that looks THIS good. I am extremely proud!

11
Aaliyah's New Wax Figure Gives Me LIFE

First off let me say this, I am so mad I missed the unveiling of her wax figure. I had NO idea that it would be streamed live on instagram! I would have set aside any plans I had JUST to see it. That is how big of a fan I am of hers. I remember being about 8-years-old, watching the BET series 106 & Park. They did a tribute to her, that was the first time I saw her video for Rock The Boat. I was so young, I didn't understand the lyrics and I didn't know who she was at the time.

She didn't come back up in my life until YEARS life. I think I just randomly thought of her again. I literally became OBSESSED I wanted do dance, sing, and LOOK like her. My mom bought me all of her albums and the films she played in. The older I get, the more I appreciate her music and her as a human being.

You can imagine, when I found out she would be getting a wax figure I damn near lost my shit! I was nervous though, I've seen some not so flattering wax figures of people. I wasn't expecting it to come out so soon, but to my suprise, it made its debut about 24 hours ago. I woke up to the news this morning, and my heart MELTED. I LOVE IT! Honestly, I almost cried because they paid extra attention to details and perfection. I am so glad her brother, Rashad Haughton was involved in the process; you can tell that he was very much hands on before, during and after the making of the figure.

I am excited to see more figures of her, especially from her most iconic videos, movies, and red carpet looks. GREAT JOB to Madame Tussauds Las Vegas!