5 Understated Ways To Be Mysterious

5 Understated Ways To Be Mysterious

Shhh! is a four-letter word.

586
5 Understated Ways To Be Mysterious

Ordinary people seldom get remembered. The few that break the mold are seen as brave and daring. You stand in the crowd and think that fitting those outspoken steps will get you noticed. What happens instead is you will try to fit into steps too big or too small for you. Doing what is expected of you is predictable, human beings were made unpredictable. Leave the guesswork to the public eye with these five mysterious things you can do.

1. Wardrobe Remix.

live.staticflickr.com

Never be caught wearing the same thing twice. No one is expecting you to spend your earnings on new threads each week. Mix and match your clothes to wear items again in different combinations. Depending on how often you wear certain clothes, no one will ever see you wearing the same thing more than once. You could even wear the same thing over and over again to make it your personal brand. Fashion is a choice, let it be your choice.

2. Post less.

live.staticflickr.com

The internet is a surefire way to lose or build a reputation. The waves of trends and people to follow are bottomless too. You like to take the opposite approach of endless scrolling and trolling. Rather than swear off the Wi-Fi and live a gypsy's life, you shout into the digital void with one post a week. Posting once a month would up the ante. The idea here is to keep your digital health in check while leaving proofs of your comings and goings. There are no expectations except your own. Put some value in your post and leave the followers wanting more.

3. Say less.

live.staticflickr.com

People inevitably want to know what you are thinking. We are all social to a fault. But no matter where you fall on the chatting spectrum, you do not have to say much. Long-winded spiels can be attractive, but imagine getting all you need in 10 words or less. Saying what you need to say is always better than carrying on for the sake of filling dead air. Think before you speak and keep the speech light.

4. Appear and disappear at will.

You are always the Punctual Pat or Patty. Showing up on time is just good manners. Why not surprise your friends with your unexpected presence? Say you have plans or act like you did not hear about their plans, then show up. Leave a party without saying hello or goodbye. People who do not expect you to show up might as well be underestimating you. The shadows are your limelight now, you men and women of mystery!

5. Announce nothing.

cdn.pixabay.com

People are inquisitive by nature and sooner or later want to know where your next steps are going to be. Stop telling people what your plans are and take action instead. You are less likely to act on them if you reveal them too soon. Do them when the time comes and let people naturally be surprised by the steps you did take. The more opportunities you act on are going to create a positive feedback loop. You will get so busy that the attention you gain for yourself will become a part of the territory.

The best mysteries keep you guessing.