Understanding The Power In Purpose

Understanding The Power In Purpose

To find purpose is to find something worth living for.

218
Understanding The Power In Purpose
Emileigh Hearn

These four little words… Thy. Will. Be. Done. Man, that’s powerful. It is so much easier to say than to actually do. There are some parts of my life that was God’s will that would not have been my first choice, I.E. my parents’ divorce. Lol, not my first choice in suffering, but God was faithful and restoring through that.

Anyways, purpose is so hard to talk about, especially when I had no idea what mine was. I knew there were specific purposes for each part of my life and each trial that I faced, but I think the hardest part is figuring out the P U R P O S E behind it all. That is what stings a little. I think the easiest way to break down the purposes in my life is this:

P: Plentiful. God has provided so many opportunities for the growth of His kingdom in my life. I have met so many amazing people who have had significant impacts on the way I have grown. God has also provided financially whenever we did not think it was possible. After my parent’s divorce, we lived in this big house with one income and simply could not do it on our own. When I was in Haiti, walking through the villages, I loved looking up at the trees with all the different fruits on them and seeing how even through their poverty, God has provided a means of nutrition for them. He is so faithful.

U: Unfailing. God has demonstrated His unfailing love by not only capturing my heart, but also disciplining me whenever I fall into my temptations and sin. He has proved it over and over that I am His daughter and that He created me for a mission that I am not done fulfilling yet.

R: Reconciliation. The mended relationship between me and my Savior has been the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. Even more beautiful than Carrie Underwood singing “Something in the water.” To see the growth of love I have had for Jesus throughout the last year of my life, is something that I cannot take credit of. He is so good, and I am so thankful for my repaired relationship with Him and the opportunity to fall in love with Him more and more every single day.

P: People. He has put so many people in my life that have helped me flourish in my walk with Christ. Even this past semester, meeting some new faces that I probably will never see again. It was still refreshing to see that there is a group of people everywhere I go that love Jesus and are on mission for Him. He has also put a love for people in my heart over the last year and I am beyond thankful for that.

O: One. Serving on staff at Camp Fuego last summer was the first time in my life that I experienced the sense of unity within the church. Sure, I grew up in church, so there was always fellowship, worship, and service together, but this opportunity was so special. I got to meet people my age who were struggling with the exact things I was BUT they still made it their priority to maximize the Kingdom of Heaven.

S: Salvation. I love that even though I gave my heart to Jesus years ago, I get to wake up every single day and live life with Him. I get to experience that fire in my heart every single day and not just at a worship service at my first DNOW. That heart tingling feeling I got whenever I first starting walking with the Lord? Yeah. I feel that every day.

E: Enough. I know that because of His love for me and because of the blood that Jesus shed for me on that cross, I am made whole in the Father’s eyes. I know that I do not have to compete for His attention, but I have it always. I know that I do not need to seek attention in the wrong places or question my worth because I have found my purpose through the One who is writing my story.

Purpose is not something that you look for, or that you stumble across while pursuing other things. It is when you put your love and trust into whatever is leading you that you find your purpose. To say that Jesus has given me purpose would be an understatement. Just like Natalie Grant sings, “Help me want the healer more than the healing. Help me want the Savior more than the saving. Help me want the Giver more than the giving. Oh, help me want You, Jesus, more than anything.” I found my purpose when I laid my life down at the foot of the cross.