Understanding The Grace God Has For Us

Understanding The Grace God Has For Us

Taking a deeper look into the Age of Grace we live in today!

46
Understanding The Grace God Has For Us
Revive Our Hearts

In Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”

This definition of faith contains two aspects; knowing everything about something or knowing exactly what it is and trusting even though your eyes may not be opened.

For instance, take an airplane, you know that it’s used to take you from one destination to the next, but trust is when you actually get on the airplane and believe you’ll get to your next destination.

Abraham had this faith for example, he was promised a son through Sarah and he had faith even though his flesh was doubtful. He chose to have faith and God was faithful to give him Isaac. Abraham loved Isaac dearly and the Lord knew this. So God tested him to see how much faith he had in him. Abraham knew he had to either sacrifice his son and God would resurrect him or that God would provide the sacrifice in place of his son. He knew that he knew that he knew that God was true to his word.

He made David’s words come to life, “oh lord your word is flawless.” Abraham walked by faith and lived by faith. There was no law, no covenant, no rules telling him how to live a righteous life in order to encounter God’s blessings and promises. Essentially, Abraham had faith in God and knew that all he had to do was trust in the Lord and He would provide all his needs, no matter the costs. Abraham knew who he was without having to visually see Him face to face. This intrigued God and sparked an interest in Him, therefore God created a covenant with him. God promised him Health, prosperity and spiritual blessing. Every one apart of the seed would partake in this Covenant. They would receive the blessings of the Lord and would drink of the Covenant cup.

During the Law of Moses they made sacrifices to solely come close to being cleansed of their sins. But God knew the animal blood would never do. The blood would never sustain, would never cover up the flaws, shortcomings, or imperfections in their life. They would never truly walk worthy or righteous for God.

However, God’s love wasn’t just for the Jews, his love goes out to all creation, all living thing, and this included the Gentiles.

He created them for a reason and He knew the only way they would be saved was by the Lamb.

Not this lamb anymore, but the one true lamb.

Not the one they made sacrifices for, but the perfect seed of Abraham. And that perfect seed was Jesus Christ the redeeming factor. He was the one thing that could go in place of all sins and make those blemishes spotless. Jesus knew this one true purpose and stood strong to his faith knowing his father would provide a way. That way was the life given to us freely by the blood of Jesus Christ so that we may be able to live righteous before God. So that we can go boldly to the throne, being covered by the blood, and have a perfect relationship. That we live gratifying God, serving him without having to live our life according to the law or to our wrong doings.

So, Jesus took up his cross so we could take up our cross. He died on that cross redeeming us and making us his property so that we might chose to follow and believe in the one true thing.

His cross was the proposal and now I have become the Bride of Christ. I chose to lay down my life to follow him and partake in who he is. I am a child of the Lamb of God. Ultimately, because I’m choosing to partake of him, choosing to lay down my life understanding that he is the Lamb of God. I have chosen to break bread becoming one with God.

I am a part of the seed of Abraham.

I am now blessed with Health, prosperity, and spiritual blessings. I have the Abraham kind of faith, knowing that I am covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. Living a Righteous life according to the word of God.

So know I am living under the Age of Grace.