Understanding Biohacking and Effective Supplements

We are all looking to enhance our health and wellness. And many of us are on the lookout for the latest hacks to do just that.

30
Understanding Biohacking

Some people have taken up a daily five-minute meditation at lunch. Others have tried to eliminate sugar or caffeine from their diet. And others are taking biohacking supplements.

Each of us has different needs when it comes to optimizing our wellness. A range of factors that include genetics, daily habits, and nutrition all play a role in exactly what the secret recipe is for a holistic and healthy life.

So how do you know if biohacking supplements are right for you? Before you talk to your doctor about whether or not this wellness treatment is proper for you, we want to outline all the details you should know upfront. From understanding biohacking to the types of supplements you should take for various health outcomes, we have rounded up all the details that you need to know.

What is Biohacking?

Biohacking is essentially a way to enhance your health and wellness by gradually incorporating certain habits into your daily routine to have complete awareness and ownership of your body.

Biohacking can vary in terms of methods. For example, some people have tried to optimize their sleep by measuring their daily sleep patterns. Others have tried to detox their body through intermittent fasting. And others have taken supplements that are designed to help with things like anti-aging and focus enhancers.

The reason that many people have taken to biohacking is to take control of how they feel. Of course, we all want to feel good every day. But, wouldn’t it be great not to have to endure those horrible feelings of being sick, tired, and burnt out? Well, that is what biohacking aims to help you eliminate while also expanding the longevity of your life.

What are Biohacking Supplements?

Biohacking supplements are one effective way people take control of their health—both mentally and physically. These supplements are administered in either a solid capsule form or through a liquid IV therapy treatment.

Many biohacking supplements are designed to enhance a particular part of your well-being. Experts consider the following the best to take, with a successful track record to further support their benefits.

1. Anti-Aging Supplements: Collagen, NAD+, and Whey

For those that want to prolong their youthful appearance, biohacking supplements designed to support anti-aging are the ideal ones to consider taking. They help protect your brain, ensure that your DNA is well looked after, and strengthen your skin, muscles, and bones. These biohacking supplements are most commonly taken in either capsule or powder form.

2. Weight Loss Supplements: Probiotics, Fiber, and L-Carnitine

If you want to ensure that your physical wellbeing is well looked after, making sure that your body is at a healthy weight is essential. There are biohacking supplements designed to help you lose unnecessary weight and keep it off long-term. For example, probiotics help ensure your digestive system is regular, L-Carnitine transforms fat in your body into energy, and fiber is used to curb unnecessary cravings.

3. Immune System Supplements: Vitamin C

Our immune system is one of the keys to staying healthy. However, when our immune system is optimized, it can defeat threatening diseases and viruses that can cause us to become sick. Vitamin C is known to be able to help enhance our immune system’s strength. While found in many natural foods and often coming in a capsule supplement, one of the most effective ways to take this biohacking supplement is through an IV treatment—where the vitamins go directly into your bloodstream for optimal results.

4. Memory Supplements: Omega 3 and Vitamin E

Our memory is crucial for our overall well-being. Biohacking supplements designed to enhance our brain’s health and functionality are often Omega 3 and vitamin E supplements. Both can help strengthen our memory and allow our brain to continue developing.

Biohacking supplements provide the best results when taken consistently. So whether it is done through a liquid IV therapy treatment or ingested orally, the key is to be consistent and gradually increase the supplement intake to keep progressing the results.

If you consider biohacking to improve your health and wellness, talk to your doctor about what biohacking supplements may be right for you.