6 Underrated Artists You Should Listen To

Six artist suggestions that will shake up your music playlists and your ears.

72

Have you ever felt the struggle of needing new music to listen to? Especially when you get tired of listening to the same song or album on repeat daily. If so, you came to the right place. This article will give you recommendations of new artists and bands to listen to and explore your options of many genres in the music world.

1. Summer Salt

Summer Salt is a band from Austin, Texas who consists of three guys named Eugene Chung, Matt Terry, and Phil Baier. I fell in love with the band after listening to Driving to Hawaii, a song off their Driving to Hawaii - EP which I would recommend listening to it and the whole EP, it's honestly amazing and will give you chill vibes any time of the day.

Another album I would recommend listening to by the band is Happy Camper, a couple of my favorite songs include: Heart and My Car, Rocking My Paw, Swinging For The Fences, and Fast Furious and Wonderful. Go give the band a listen, you will not regret it I promise!

2. Still Woozy

Still Woozy is a one-man pop band who consists mainly of the creator, Sven Gamsky. He is an underrated but talented artist who has a couple of singles under his belt. I have a couple of songs that I like by this artist which I totally recommend which include: Cooks, Lucy, Lava, Habit, Vacation, and Wolfcat. Although, he is lesser known please go check him out and his latest EP, Lately, and you actually might like his music!

3. Omar Apollo

Omar Apollo is an alternative/indie singer from Indiana who I discovered from SoundCloud ( a music app that is similar to Pandora and Spotify) like the other previous artists I mentioned. Omar Apollo has a new album out now which is called Friends that consists of seven songs.

However, I discovered him while listening to many singles he has released in the past that includes: Unbothered, Brakelights, Pram, Heart and Ugotme. He definitely has a good vibe feel, so I would definitely recommend checking him out.

4. Snoh Aalegra

Snoh Nowrozi also known as Snoh Aalegra is a pop, soul, and R&B singer from Sweden who has released a couple of EP's and albums. My personal favorite album from her is FEELS which has a total of thirteen vibey tracks which features beloved artists like Vic Mensa, Vince Staples, and Logic.

I promise that you ultimately fall in love with this album. In addition, Snoh Aalegra recently released a few singles which include "I Want You Around" and "You", which I would definitely recommend if you need more music in your playlists.

5. The Growlers

Many people including myself might have heard of the band The Growlers, but there are other people that might not have heard of them. The Growlers is an American band who consists of members Brooks Nielsen, Matt Taylor, and Kyle Straka that was formed in California.

This band has many albums under their belt, however, I would recommend listening to three of their past albums, Hung at Heart (2013), Chinese Fountain (2014), and Hot Tropics (2010). Lastly, I would also recommend their single, Dope On A Rope from their 2016 album City Club.

6. Pink Sweat$

The last artist I want to recommend to you guys is Pink Sweat$ whose real name is David Bowden. He has two EP's out, Volume 1 and Volume 2 which has a total of 5-6 songs on both which honestly puts me in my feelings while being timeless bops.

My favorite songs from his EP's that I recommend consists of I Know, Coke & Henny, Honesty, and Body Ain't Me.