Unbreakable Bond

Unbreakable Bond

Sisters, Best Friends

22
Unbreakable Bond
self

One of the age old questions of getting to know new people, "Do you have any siblings?" Why yes I do. "How many?". I have four sisters. "How many brothers do you have?" None.

Yup that's right four sisters, no brothers. Lots of estrogen.

People's favorite comments "did they want a boy that bad?" or "somebody was optimistic thinking they'd eventually get a boy." Well I use to take offense to these comments because I wouldn't trade our handful of sisters for the world. Little do most people know we are all sisters, some from different mothers and some through new marriages; however, we don't say "step" or "half" because that's not us at all. We are SISTERS. Point Blank Period.

Over the past 20 years I've been blessed to have so many sisters to look up to, and gained another great sister when I was 18. Yup that's right, you guessed it, I'm the baby of the family. Which I think makes me the luckiest of them all (shhh don't tell them I told you). I was born with not only parents for role models but older siblings as well. All of my sisters are similar but also extremely different. Although some of us grew up in different houses and at some times even different homes we were blessed to see each other often. I believe this gave us an advantage in life. It gave us friends that were never going to abandon us in hard times, it gave us constant secret keepers as well as multiple shoulders to cry on. Now that we are older we have proven to be closer than ever. We all still live in different places but every chance we get to see each other we pick up where we left off. We are always a phone call or text away and I know that we would all drop anything we had to be there for one another. We've proven that many times. So I'm beyond blessed to have the role models like my sisters. No matter where our paths take us and no matter how different or similar we might be, we are sisters. Together forever, never apart, maybe in distance but never at heart.

So always remember, brothers or sisters, close in age or ages apart, be thankful. Your siblings are your forever friends. Blood, step, or half, it doesn't matter. Family is family.