Unbelievable

Unbelievable

I felt for them all, but especially Marie

22

This week has been a hard week, I began watching the new limited series on netflix called unbelievable. I was sickened, enraged, hurt, pushed, happy, and I felt. I felt for the girl Marie, I felt for the two older women, I felt for the young woman who jumped to not be attacked, I felt for the college girl who just left her home to be in another state attending college. I felt for all of them, the tears they cried, the fear they had, the anger. I went through it. But for Marie I felt her pain just a little more than all of them. Being told that you are lying, by the people that are supposed to protect you. They tell you that they don't believe you and you wanted it to happen, you wanted to do the awful things that happened to you. Then he messages you and says you are a lying bitch, that you will never last in court cause a female officer told him not to worry that the case would never hold in court. You are sick, enraged, hurt, feeling distraught, that he can do it to somebody else even if they say no. Then he walks and he walks free. He doesn't even have to pick up trash for what he did to you because the law did not believe me. But it happens to you again, you won't tell anyone because look how well it happened last time, no one believed you and they said you lied. You tell a few people that you survived some horrible things and they believe you but you do not want to go through the horrible effects like the first and the second time. The way the cops treated you the second time. The way everyone screamed you were a whore and you lied to your face. How you lost everyone the first time. It has happened multiple times but you do not tell a soul you do not tell anyone. Because why should you? Why would anyone believe a 15, 16, 17, 18 year old girl? They won't, so you close your mouth and continue each day as if nothing happened. You feel enraged listening to the cops belittle Marie Adler, you feel for her, you want to cry with her and hold her. You want to stick up for her because she can't, you want to tell her you got her back and you believe her because no one did for you.