Unapologetic

Unapologetic

The truest version of you.

41
Unapologetic
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/30/636632496951536787-2061146484_nature-person-red-woman.jpg

Whenever I am asked to describe myself, my answer is always something along the lines of, "Well, I am just me. Completely and unapologetically me."

If I am being honest here, that wasn't always my answer, and now being able to say that, and actually mean it, speaks volumes to how much I have grown in the past years.

We are growing each and every single day. As a recent college graduate, I am currently embracing this new change and reflecting on how I changed during those four years of my life. One thing that I noticed is that somewhere between all of life's gifts (even the gifts we don't like) I became overwhelmingly comfortable in my own skin.

I have spoken to the philosophy of showing the same face to everyone because I believe that each and every one of us deserves to be the truest version of yourself, to everyone that we choose to have in our life. It is too much work to continuously be changing masks.

As I settle into this new chapter of life, I am also embracing the fact more and more each day that I am unapologetically me. I am who I am, and I have no shame. I am honest with myself as well as everyone around me. I am not afraid to raise my voice. Nor stand my ground.

Adjusting to this new level of comfortability I can honestly say that it has all come from a place of acceptance. We tend to be judgemental and question almost everything around us, and we turn around and reflect those terrible thoughts back to ourselves.

Accept.

Accept yourself for YOU. There is no one else out there like you! How do you dare even try to compare yourself? You are unique for a reason, and it is time to embrace it. You are the creator of your own path and your own happiness, and you owe it to yourself to start being YOU.

I can comfortably say that I am not afraid to be me. To have my own opinions, to live my own life, to disagree, to make a difference or speak my mind. I am unapologetically me, and I invite you to join be in being the the best versions of ourselves.