Unanswered Questions of the Series "Stranger Things"

Questions that all "Stranger Things" fans have been waiting to be answered!

13
www.screenrant.com

For those of you who don't know what "Stranger Things" is, it is a sci-fi/mystery show that is on Netflix. When I first heard about the show, it definitely did not sound like something I would be interested in. However, after hearing my friends all talking about it, I decided to give the show a watch. There is only one season out right now, and it only contains eight episodes that are about an hour long each. Being the Netflix binge watcher I am, I finished the season in about...one day. I can honestly say that it has become one of my favorite shows that Netflix has to offer. The show is about a boy who gets abducted in a small town in the '80s, and strange events start to follow the abduction. There is just one thing that I have to complain/talk about....the fact that the show has so.many.unanswered.questions!!!! I loved everything about the show, and it was announced that a season two was going to come out, but the show just ends with so many loose ends that it could drive you insane!! Before I continue with my rant, I just want to warn now that anything I talk about past this point can be considered a SPOILER!!!! You have officially been warned, so if you are thinking about watching the show & have not yet, I highly suggest you do not keep reading!

1. Why did Barb get killed & not Will?!

I know how bad that sounds, and I do NOT wish that Will got killed or anything. But seriously, Will was in the Upside Down longer & still managed to escape alive!! Barb was trapped for a bit and was killed instantly! If the creature was taking people to feed off of them, why didn't he eat Will as soon as he captured him, the way he did with Barb? I get that the plot was basically finding Will the entire season, so it would be kind of a letdown to kill a main character, but it just doesn't make sense! Then Nancy spends the last half of the show trying to find Barb, and when Eleven tells her that Barb is dead, she's not upset for long at all then acts like she wasn't trying to find Barb this entire time. POOR BARB.

2. Is Will going to try and ignore the fact that he has leeches(or some weird creature) coming out of his throat or...?

In the season finale, Will is finally rescued. Yay! Everything seems to be going great, he is sitting down for Christmas dinner with his family, happily reunited. He excuses himself from the table to use the bathroom, seeming normal. However, once in the bathroom, he is staring at his reflection in the mirror, looking sick. A few seconds later, a slimy leech falls out of Will's mouth into the sink, and the whole background of the bathroom changes to look like the Upside Down he was originally trapped in. Looking disturbed, Will returns to dinner, and when asked what is wrong, he denies anything is wrong. UM HELLO WILL, you just had something crawl out of your throat, you're just going to avoid that?? But more importantly, is Will's body being taken over by this creature slowly? Is it gonna effect any of the other people he is around? Or is this all just a figment of his imagination?! Just when you thought there was going to be a happy ending with Will Byers...

3. Did anyone else think that Nancy would end up with Jonathan and not Steve?

Okay, so I am not going to lie I thought FOR SURE Steve was going to turn into a giant douche and just use Nancy. It was surprising to see that after the party at his house, he still wanted to be with her. I was even shocked when he got jealous of Jonathan taking pictures of Nancy, and smashed his camera because of it. I was even more shocked when he went as far as to embarrass Nancy in front of the entire town by calling her names on public buildings with spray paint, because he thought she was cheating on him with Jonathan. Steve ended up being a good guy in the end, but didn't anyone else believe that Nancy was going to end up with Jonathan? They had such a built up tension, I was waiting for them to start kissing at any second. In the last episode, Steve is over at Nancy's celebrating Christmas, and I am not going to lie a part of my dies thinking that it is not Jonathan she is celebrating Christmas with. But who knows, they had such a built up tension maybe it'll cause a love triangle in season two between the three?

4. What exactly happened to Eleven, and is she going to be in season two?!

This question is the question that keeps me wondering about the show. Anyone who watched the finale knows that Eleven somehow destroyed the creature, but with destroying the creature meant destroying herself. However, in the last minutes of the episode the show flashes 6 months later, and shows Hopper putting out Eggo's in a box outside. Not saying who it is for, we all know that Eleven was in love with Eggo's, so we are all smart enough to make the assumption that she is still alive, right?! Well, rumor has it that Eleven will not be in season two. If that happens, I will literally be heartbroken. How are the Duffer Brothers (creators of the show) going to fill their viewers with false hope that Eleven is still alive, just to announce that she might not be in season two?!

So, maybe there is not sooo many unanswered questions as I thought. But these are questions that I feel like EVERYONE thought of as soon as the season ended. They left open so many loose ends, there is no way they couldn't have a season two. I have a prediction that Will is still in danger, and so is his family. I have a feeling that there will be built up tension between Jonathan and Nancy, that will lead to a strain on Nancy and Steve's relationship. As for Eleven, well,.... I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT HER!!! Every ounce of me hopes she makes a comeback like how the show suggested she might when Hopper left out the Eggo's. However, with sources saying she might not make an appearance in season two, I am trying not to get my hopes up too high, to avoid more heartbreak from that situation. While I'm sure there is many other unanswered questions about this season, I believe I covered some questions that were racing through everyone's mind! Season two will most likely be out next summer, July 2017!