9 Places With Gluten-Free Options For Fast Food

Gluten-free is the life for me
90

Adhering to a gluten-free diet has been increasing in popularity for a few years now. People make the switch either for medical necessity or because they hope it will help them reach certain health goals. One reason people don't make the switch is convenience. Especially when dining out, gluten-free options can be hard to come by.

For my own reference, I've compiled a list of safe, gluten-free options for when I can't cook at home.

1. Arby's

-Any deli sandwich (without the bun)

-Chopped salad or roast turkey salad

-Milkshakes

Avoid French fries and potato cakes. They're fried in the same oil as their breaded chicken.

2. Chick-fil-A

-Grilled chicken sandwich on a gluten-free bun

-Breakfast hashbrowns or waffle fries

-Grilled chicken nuggets

-Grilled market salad

3. Chipotle

-Everything but flour tortillas

4. Five Guys

-Everything but milkshakes, and buns

-Sandwiches can be served in lettuce wraps

5. In-N-Out

-Sandwiches "protein-style"

-Fries

6. Panera

-Greek Salad Fandango Salad, Caesar Salad (without croutons), Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (without croutons), Mediterranean Salmon Salad, Salmon Caesar Salad (without croutons), Asian Sesame Chicken Salad (without Won Ton noodles), Classic Cafe Salad, Strawberry Poppyseed Salad, Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken, Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, California Mission Chicken Salad, Orchard Harvest Chicken Salad, Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad, BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad

-Soups: Low Fat Vegetarian Black Bean, Cuban Black Bean, and Lentil, Vegetarian Roasted Red Pepper & Lentil, Vegetarian Butternut Squash, Creamy Tomato (without croutons), Low-Fat Vegetarian Southwest, Tomato & Roasted Corn, Turkey Chickpea Chili, Summer Corn Chowder, Low-Fat Chicken Tortilla

7. Starbucks

-Gluten-free chocolate brownie

-Marshmallow dream bar

-Certified gluten-free breakfast sandwich

-Most drinks, just double check in store

8. Taco Bell

-Cantina Power Bowl

-Tortilla chips (including Dorito's)

-Guac, nacho cheese, salsa

9. Wendy's

-Any salad (without croutons or breaded chicken)

-Hamburgers (without the bun)

-Chili

-Baked potatoes

As always, if you are very sensitive to gluten, make sure you ask the employees who are preparing your food to switch their gloves and utensils to avoid cross-contamination. Before ordering anything fried, make sure the particular restaurant you're at does not use the same fryer for breaded items as they do for non-breaded items.

Although these items may be gluten-free, food prepared in the restaurant is always at risk of cross-contamination. It's better to be safe than sorry, so use your best judgment when eating out.