11 Professors Every College Student Can Bet Their $100K Tuition They'll Have, At Least Once
Education

It doesn't matter where you go, we've all had these professors.

494
http://www.110atkw.ang.af.mil/News/Article/868008/college-classes-wrap-up-at-the-battle-creek-air-national-guard-base/

There's something universal about college professors.

It doesn't matter if you go to a community college, a huge state school, a tiny private school, or a prestigious Ivy League school you are bound to have certain types of professors. You can find each type of professor at every single college in the world.

Here is a list of college professors that every student has inevitably taken during their time at school.

1. The One Who Gets Off Track And It Doesn't Matter

This professor never ever talks about what they are supposed to. They assign readings but instead of talking about them they go on random tangents, but it's all okay because it doesn't matter. They either don't have tests so it doesn't matter that you didn't get the information or they're tests are so easy it's okay you never talk about relevant things.

2. The One Who Gets Off Track And It Does Matter

Unlike #1 this professor not staying on track DOES matter because their tests are impossible. This professor talks about current events or their personal life or television shows all class and never gets to the material. You take no notes because they say nothing important so you have nothing to study from for the test. When the test comes you leave the room knowing you failed because you didn't recognize a single thing on the test.

3. The One Who Hates Teaching

This professor only teaches because they have to. Their real passion lies in research. They'd rather be sitting in their office researching and writing all day than teaching you about their specialty. Yes, this professor may be super smart but they have no idea how to teach and they have no desire to be any good at it.

4. The Hard Grader

This is the professor who says, "No one gets an A in my class." It doesn't matter how hard you study for the exam or how long you spend on your paper you won't do well on it. This professor has incredibly high standards and even Jesus wouldn't be able to meet them.

5. The One Who Cancels Class All The Time

For one reason or another this professor never seems to hold class. You've probably gotten ready for class multiple times to find out it was cancelled. This can either be a really good thing or a really bad thing depending upon the sort of tests this professor gives out.

6. The One Who Never Learns Anyone's Name

There are two versions of this professor. One teaches the big lecture class so they don't have the need to learn anyone's name. The other has 20 students in class and still can never seem to manage to learn your name. The second just sort of points at you if you raise your hand. The bright side is that they can't call on you in class if you aren't paying attention cause they don't know your name.

7. The One Who Loves What They Are Teaching

This professor is a joy and privilege. They know what they are talking about and they love talking about it. They are smart and engaging and an actual good professor. This is the professor you recommend to all of your friends and take again and again if you get the chance.

8. The Easy Grader

This professor has the lowest standards ever. You could literally turn in a piece of paper with words that vaguely have to do with the topic and get a 100%. You're not sure if this professor just has really low standards or if they just aren't reading anything you turn in. Either way you don't question it.

9. The One Who Never Returns Anything

This professor says they graded your paper or exam weeks ago, but you still haven't seen it. They always "forget" it in their office. You're lucky if you ever see a single graded assignment the entire semester. You grade is kind of just a guessing game the entire semester.

10. The One Who Swears

This professor swears. But they don't just swear they swear all the time and they draw attention to the fact that they are swearing. They like to remind you that it is unusual for professors to swear, but they don't care. This professor will also undoubtedly mention that students comment about their swearing on both the evaluations and to the department chair without fail every semester.

11. The One Who Assigns So Much Reading

This professor always assigns reading. But it's not just one reading it is an entire book plus a 20 page article plus a news article for every single class. It would literally be impossible to do all the reading that this professor wants even if their class was the only class you were taking. This professor doesn't understand that you have a life as well as other classes outside of their class.