5 Types Of People You'll Meet In Boulder

Hippies, environmentalists and stoners galore- welcome to Boulder, Colorado.

245
Instagram

As one of the highest ranked college towns and happiest cities in America, Boulder has it all. Set to a backdrop of the Flatirons, Boulder's vibrant culture makes it a truly unique place. Here's a sneak peak into the interesting and fun types of people that truly make Boulder what it is.

1. The Stoners

Let's just get this one out of the way. Yes, weed is legal in Colorado and yes, lots of Boulder citizens love it. 4/20 might just be one of the biggest holidays of the year, and for good reason. Boulder isn't chill for nothing!

2. The Fitness Gurus

If you live in Boulder, chances are you either know or are a fitness junkie. With 300 days of sunshine each year, Boulder makes it almost impossible to avoid going outside and getting active. Core Power, rock climbing and hiking are a must for these Boulderites. Oh, and did I mention goat yoga's a thing?

3. The Hippies

Who doesn't love to hug a tree? Compostable cups, compostable bags, compostable everything! Boulder hippies make the world go round.

4. The Frat Boys

The likelihood of sighting a frat boy on the streets of Boulder is higher than you would think. They're everywhere, and sometimes they're dirty too. Chubbies and sports jerseys are the name of the game for these ones. If found, please return to the hill.

5. and Last but not least, The Ski Bums

Who's surprised about this last one? Within an hour or two of 7 major ski resorts, these Boulderites go hard. Fresh powder and good views are the only things they live for, so its a good thing the season is long. Shreddin' Gnar is a full time job.