For all of those twenty-somethings out there, you're doing fine (maybe).
1. Your life won't be made whole overnight: Maybe you've realized exactly what it is you want to do for the rest of your life, maybe you've found the love of your life, maybe you're just trying to better yourself, whatever the case may be, you should know two things: 1. time is finite, once today is gone, it's gone, and you can't get it back. Make the most of it; and 2. just because you're getting older and are growing up, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the journey. Take every heart break, temp job, mistake, lesson, and disappointment with a smile and enjoy every experience that makes up your life.
2. Call your parents: As the old saying goes, we often forget as we age, they do, too. No matter what point you are in your 20s — living at home, living at college or living on your own, remember the people who helped you get to the point you're at now. Just remind them once in awhile of how thankful you are for their love and guidance.
3.Eat your vegetables: I know, it's hard when you're busy or a horrible cook to feed yourself like you should, but go out of your way to do more for your body than popping some Ramen in the microwave. Trust me, your body will thank you for it later.
4.Sleep: I still haven't figured out how to mange this one yet, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know. As hard as it is during the week to maintain school, work and your own personal life, to try to find much time for sleep, remember... You're getting older, you can't just run on five hours a night anymore.
5. Smile: I know, it seems so simple, but just smiling at strangers on the street, wherever you go. You could make someone's day and even make your own a little better.
6. Check your mail: I'm serious about this one, especially if you live on your own. Check a few times a week to make sure you're not forgetting your bills!
7. Remember to celebrate your victories (even the little ones): Oh, you ate a salad for dinner? Congrats! You healthy person, you! Have a cookie, you deserve it!
8. Find time to relax: Even if that means binge watching, TLC's Say Yes To The Dress... Seriously, you deserve a break and more cookies.
9. It's okay if you're that single twenty-something: I didn't realize what "that" single twenty-something was until I realized, I am that person. If you find yourself hating going to the grocery store because you have to navigate a huge cart, most likely with ten items or less as people stare at you and almost pity at how single and lonely you are then congrats, you're in the club. Don't worry, this doesn't mean you're going to grow up and be a seventy year old with 12 cats. Know that this is just a part of gaining independence and one day you'll look back and reminisce about the days when the single serving sandwich and salad section in the Walmart deli was your go-to.
10. You've got this: Maybe.