Take Charge Of Your Life And Turn Your Dreams Into Reality

This Is The Year To Take Charge Of Your Life And Turn Your Dreams Into Reality

It feels bad when you don't receive a desired outcome, but it feels even worse when you know that you could've done more. Do what you can this year to reduce all those avoidable regrets.

13

It's 2019, so that means it's time to start implementing all our resolutions to make us better, more ideal versions of ourselves. According to Inc.com, the top 3 resolutions that people tend to make are all dieting, exercising, and losing weight, which are all worthy causes. However, I'd like to advocate for a more general resolution that can be applicable to every single one of us, with everything we do in 2019: stay on the grind.

When we're not doing our best, we can usually feel it. I don't mean taking a break from work to de-stress. I mean that internal recognition of "I told myself I was going to study an hour ago" or "I should have called that person back yesterday." Sometimes, it's laziness, sometimes it's anxiety, and sometimes it's a mental block. Regardless, it's something that you can only really face yourself.

Take this as an exercise in self-motivation. It feels bad when you don't receive a desired outcome, whether it's a test, job interview, internship application, or competition, but it feels even worse when you know that you could've done more. Do what you can this year to reduce all those avoidable regrets.

You have the ability to set your own goals, to plan, and to achieve them. You decided on those resolutions for a reason, so make sure you meet your own expectations. If there's something that you want to happen this year, do what you need to do to make that vision a reality. It's no one else's burden except your own.

I know that paying lip-service to such a broad concept is one thing, and actually going out in getting stuff done is another. However, in 2019, don't tell yourself that the things you want are out of reach. As long as you have the means, you can make this year what you want it to be.