For You: My Summer '16 Jams

For You: My Summer '16 Jams

We All Gotta Keep Our Spotify's #fresh.

24
For You: My Summer '16 Jams
TheRockStarGame

Vacation is here. It's June, the weather is warm, and we all understand the concept 'the passage of time'. Therefore, summer is upon us. With these few hot months come many things, but one of the most important things is the coveted title of "Song of the Summer." Pop artists everywhere put on their dancing boots and try to create the catchiest, best song to play by the pool or at the 4th of July rager. They try to appeal to the masses in the trendiest way possible, hoping for the most radio plays, iTunes purchases, and streaming counts. But then there is me, a dorky college student who is here today to create a master list of songs for the summer, not just one supreme ruler that we will all hate by mid-July. Put your earphones on, open up your Spotify and add these songs to your playlist. (All songs are available on Spotify, BTW. Not sure about anywhere else.) It's time to get groovy.

If You Want to Dance:

1. "Light It Up" (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG) - Major Lazer

2. "Little Bad Girl" (feat. Akon) - David Guetta

3. "Ignition" (Viceroy Remix) - R. Kelly

4. "Bonbon" - Era Istrefi

5. "Watch Out For This" (feat. Busy Signal, The Flexicans & FS Green) - Major Lazer

6. "All My Love" (feat. Ariana Grande & Machel Montano) - Major Lazer

7. "Hymn For The Weekend" (Seeb Remix) - Coldplay

8. "Trumpets" (feat. Sean Paul) - Sak Noel

9. "Golden" - Parade of Lights

10. "This One's For You" (feat. Zara Larsson) - David Guetta

11. "Greedy" - Ariana Grande

12. "CAN'T STOP THE FEELING!" - Justin Timberlake

13. "Into You" - Ariana Grande

Just Hangin' Out:

1. "Crystal Express" - Raury

2. "Jasmine" (demo) - Jai Paul

3. "Hazey" - Glass Animals

4. "Controlla" - Drake

5. "I.D.S.H." (Beach Season Remix) - MAASAI

6. "For What It's Worth" - Kygo

7. "Be Alright" - Ariana Grande

8. "Somebody Else" - The 1975

9. "This Is What You Came For "(feat. Rihanna) - Calvin Harris

10. "Casanova" - Palm Trees

11. "High You Are" (Branchez Remix) - What So Not

12. "Never Be Like You" - Flume

13. "Enough" (feat. M. Maggie) - Black Coasts

Throwback Jamz

(Because no playlist is complete without these):

1. "The Way I Are" - Timbaland

2. "Put Your Records On" - Corinne Bailey Rae

3. "Toxic" - Britney Spears

4. "Say it Right" - Nelly Furtado

5. "Umbrella" - Rihanna

6. "Pon de Replay" - Rihanna

7. "Yeah!" - Usher, Lil' Jon, Ludacris

8. "Don't Stop the Music" - Rihanna

9. "SexyBack" - Justin Timberlake

10. "Hey Ya!" - Outkast

11. "Africa" - Toto

So, those are MY songs for summer 2016. But wait, there's more! If you sifted through this list and thought all the songs were so lame that you wished I had incorporated other people's opinions, have no fear! I asked my closest friends for their top 5 favorite songs of this week.

Julie's Top 5

1. "Weekend" (Jai Wolf Remix) - Mocki

2. "Never Be Like You" - Flume

3. "Back 2 U" - Walk The Moon & Steve Aoki

4. "All My Friends" - Snakeships

5. "Ready To Go" - Panic! At the Disco

Kelly's Top 5

1. "This Must Be the Place" - Talking Heads

2. "Tongue Tied" - Grouplove

3. "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" - Paul Simon

4. "Teenage Riot" - Sonic Youth

5. "Mayla" - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Alex's Top 5

1. "First" - Cold War Kids

2. "Life Itself" - Glass Animals

3. "Sex" - The 1975

4. "Young & Stupid" - Travis Mills

5. "Miracle Mile" - Cold War Kids

So, there you have it: Amy's (and co.) Top Summer Jamz of 2016! I hope you find at least one song in this expansive list that fits into your chillin-by-the-pool playlist. If not, then thanks for reading this far. Have a groovy summer!

My Spotify :-)