Trying To Figure Out If You Have A Future

Should I even bother trying to build a future in a world that doesn't have one?

12

https://pixabay.com/photos/hands-world-map-global-earth-600497/

Unless you live under a very big rock you know that this world has problems. It always has and it always will. People have problems with other people, the earth itself erupts, shakes, cries, and most importantly provides a home. What happens when those walls crumble, roof falls, and the ecosystem collapses?

It is very scary growing up in this time. Being in college in my early 20's, I am trying to create a future for myself. I am trying to get good grades, make new friends and memories and live my best life in college. But then if you are anything like me, you read and see that the world is in a crisis and you wonder what is the point? Why am I stressing over this class when I won't even be able to apply this new knowledge in a job.

I know that this all sounds scary and just a lot of people overthinking and assuming the worst. I will be the first to admit that I do freak my own self out with these scenarios but there still needs to be a level of anxiety over the current state of our world. There is nothing wrong with being informed and educated about what is happening globally.

With all that being said, there is a sort of dark-humored joke circling around social media. That joke is all about my generation trying to create a future when there might not be a world to even live in in a few years. It is fun to retweet and makes a joke about it until you actually think about it and see that it is basically true.

My generation wants this world to survive. We want to make changes, we want to recycle, we want to be ecofriendly, we want a future and our kids to have a future. We care enough to make a change, but it might be too late at this point. There are a million other factors that are leading to world destruction and it is a sad feeling that we can't do much about it.

I didn't write this to just freak someone out or seem like a gloomy writer, I wrote it because it is a common concern among people my age. It is scary and once again makes you think what is the point? No one is actually going to drop out of school, or quit their job and wait for the world to end but it does make you wonder what is actually going to happen to the world and all of us living here.

For the majority of us, we just have to sit and wait and just live our life. We can always as a society better ourselves and help where we can. We can always limit our waste, raise awareness, and try our best to keep the world livable. We only have one and I don't know about you, but I want to be able to grow old and actually do something with my education that I am paying for.