The Truth Behind Bid Day

The Truth Behind Bid Day

It's So Much More Than Just Pictures

22
The Truth Behind Bid Day

If you're a college student, chances are your social media has been filled with pictures of recruitment and bid day recently. Yes, I know that its annoying, but so are your #MCMs, Throwback Thursdays and Selfie Sundays, so it's all good. From the outside looking in, bid day looks like it's just a bunch of girls taking pictures and running around cheering, but I promise you, it's SO much more than that.

In high school, I played three sports and recruitment is more time consuming, exhausting, crazy, and emotional than all three sports combined. Between workshop and Recruitment Week, we work tirelessly to make sure every girl who comes through our house has a good experience. We want every woman who steps foot inside to leave saying, "I want to be in that sorority" or, "I want to be friends with the women in that sorority." So yes, we are very excited when we get to welcome a new pledge class of amazing girls into our chapter. Bid Day means that we had a successful recruitment and that our hard work paid off. It means that even through the drama and long days, we were successful. Let's face it: with 300 (or so) women in a house for 2 weeks, there will be drama, but nothing we can't handle.

We love Bid Day because it means more than just new people to take pictures with; it means a new group to love and support, to help learn from our own mistakes, and to help us make the most out of our 4 years in college. It means a start to a new year, with new faces and new experiences. And for our new members, it means a start to a whole new chapter of their lives. So I am sorry that we fill up your Newsfeed with cliche pictures, but we're all so excited that we can't help it. We love Bid Day and that probably won't ever change. Congratulations to all the girls who pledged in the past few weeks, and to all the girls who worked so hard to make this recruitment a great one, I can't wait to see all your pictures!