Trust your struggle
Friendships

Trust your struggle

Trusting your struggles.

275
Trust your struggle

I'm sure many of you reading this have tattoos on your body that mean something to you. Something that applies to your life and always will. Something that you believe in. I don't have any tattoos, but if I were to ever get one, it would be "trust your struggle". I have suggested this idea to many people in my life, most of them come across confused. "What does that mean?!" "I don't get it." Let me explain.

I had a terrible high school experience. Terrible. People judged me, hated me, betrayed me, hurt me, and spoke so negatively of me, some without ever speaking to me in their life. When I tell you high school changed me, I mean it really changed me. Walking through the school doors everyday knowing people were talking about me as I walked past, not saying the nicest of things, was not very enjoyable. Losing "friends" over the embarrassment of being seen with me, again, not very enjoyable. Feeling all that negative energy, over and over, I started to believe all of the things that were said about me. I believed things I heard about myself from the mouths of those who have never even held a conversation with me before. Like what?! Why did I ever doubt myself? Why was I so weak?

This struggle I like to call high school, changed me for the absolute best. I left that school having my own back. I left that school so strong, someone who stood tall through it all and never backed down. I became someone who sticks up for what they believe in, and stays true to themselves. That entire experience will always be apart of me, who I have become, and who I continue to be. Without realizing it at first, I trusted my struggle. I accepted the fact that life was challenging me, which is exactly how you become the best version of yourself. If you don't face the challenges life throws at you, how will you ever fully know your potential? Without that experience I don't think I would ever have realized how truly brave and strong I could be. I faced so many things alone, I look back and I can't believe I went to school everyday! I fully believe that this struggle was meant to happen to me, so I could see my true potential, and learn about my strength, beliefs, and most importantly, myself. Am I grateful I got bullied so much? No. Am I grateful I could make such an incredible learning experience out of it? YES. The best way to learn about who you are is honestly to go through hard times....You come out of it stronger and wiser, always. Even if it's a tiny bit stronger, that struggle is building you to be the best version of yourself, something we should want so badly for ourselves as well as the people we love.

Now was high school my only struggle? Of course not. But I will tell you, it was the first life struggle of mine that I trusted to make me a better person. As hard as it was for me to go through, I told myself constantly that it is shaping me into who I am meant to be. I realized so many qualities in myself that I never knew were there. When you trust and accept the hard experiences you go through, it changes your perspective in a lot of ways. You can make it such a positive thing if you just remind yourself how this struggle is helping you become who you are meant to be. The process of trusting your struggles and letting it teach you about yourself is like renovating an outdated house. Making new additions to it, ripping out the parts you don't like; creating a stronger, more beautiful home. A home you will become very comfortable in. (sorry I watch a lot of HGTV)

I am so thankful for the challenges life throws at me, because without them, I would not be who I am today. Who I am today is someone I love and respect. So when you question why the crappy things in life happen to you, remember to TRUST them. YOU are becoming a stronger person, YOU are learning about yourself. Trust your struggles and you will begin to realize your potential and purpose in this world.

So yeah....that's what that tattoo idea means to me. Should I get it??