How To Trust In The Free Fall

How To Trust In The Free Fall

We're not in this alone.

647
How To Trust In The Free Fall
kaboom pics

What are you holding onto? It could be a relationship, a job, an addiction, maybe even a habit. Whatever you are holding onto, it is a comfort zone and you could be leaning on it more than you are leaning on God. Many people have probably told you throughout your life to “lean on Jesus.” People have told me that over and over again and it seems easy, right? However I have always thought of it like this: did you ever play “trust fall” with your friends? They stand right behind you, you close your eyes, cross your arms, fall back and just trust that they will catch you before you hit the ground. That was my similar experience of “leaning on Jesus.” I know He’s there, He has never once left me behind. Yet, I can’t seem to bring myself to fall into him.

The fear all lies in that moment when gravity hits, it’s that split second before they catch you when you feel your weight going down. I feel like the past week of my life I have been living in a freeze frame of that exact moment. God loves when we submit our lives to him and let go, but that doesn’t mean we automatically fix our problems. Sometimes God wants to keep us in that second of free falling so we can continue to make the decision to trust. It’s easy to say you trust God once, but can you keep saying it when life gets harder? Yes. Yes you can. I believe wholeheartedly that you can because after awhile, it becomes a habit. That habit will turn into a lifestyle and before you know it you are living in the promise. Jesus loves this, He loves seeing us living in trust and I know he will bless it. So right now you may not have the answers, and that’s okay. Let’s choose to trust the free fall daily, we’re not in this alone.