Trump's Problem Is Bigger Than Immigration
Politics

Trump's Immigration Bumble Is A Microcosm Of This Administration

An America infested with Democrats is a nightmare staring us in the face.

133
YouTube

The immigration policies enacted by the disaster that is the Trump administration, of course, drew a lot of controversy and has subsequently resulted in a strategical and PR disaster.

Trump's immigration policy was never a secret. Supporters have been shouting "build the wall" since he planted the wasteful idea in the brains of Americans. Trump's hard stance on immigration is not a problem. Enforcing immigration laws is a necessary job of every government.

The problems that lie in the newest Trump & Co. disaster is A) how they are enforcing immigration laws B) Trump has to be a petty asshole about literally everything that happens today.

Let's start with problem "A."

Trump, as reported last week, decided to use his big pen to sign an executive order to stop separating illegal immigrant families when being detained. This was after a public outcry on television and social media. From everyday people and celebrities alike, the policy has been torn to shreds in the last few weeks; with very good reason. Trump ending the policy while keeping his "zero tolerance" is probably the best case scenario for this situation to end with. However, we live in reality. Trump lives in his own little bubble on Twitter and in the White House. It is filled with Fox News, Drudge Report, and skewed approval ratings that keep him happy.

Sadly, we all live in the real world. In the real world, Trump's policy has made a negative mark that is further hurting the Republican party and conservative ideals as a whole. Reversing the policy with an executive order will not erase the damage done in the minds of American citizens or the minds of possible future citizens that we have now detained and separated from their families.

This moves us to problem "B" which is Trump's attitude problem and the damage he's doing to the Republican party.

I have addressed this before in my writing and will continue to do so because we are staring at a massive blue wave and it terrifies me. Trump's administration has been extremely hurtful to the image and perception of the Republican party and the entire conservative base in America.

Trump has blamed the opposing party for the immigration policy which has resulted in said separation of families that sparked the controversy. This is an interesting angle for our president to take since Democrats literally have no mathematical control of either part of Congress and obviously not the oval.

Trump has, throughout his presidency, decided that being an asshole is better than being a diplomat. Which, to be fair, was pretty much his whole campaign appeal. But at some point, it has to stop. Every situation that arises he decides to be petty and divide more people. Here, he blames Democrats for a policy he clearly had the power to get rid of at any time he chose.

Trump has picked fights with celebrities and sports teams alike, driving away fanbases one at a time. Trump, after disinviting the Eagles from the White House, was bashed by LeBron James and it was clear that neither team would even want to visit the white house. The Eagles play in Pennsylvania and LeBron is still on the Cavaliers who play in Ohio. Both states helped propel Trump to victory in November of 2016.

The president beefing with sports teams and celebrities is, in reality, not something that will make waves in changing voting patterns. However, Trump's unrivaled ability to be an asshole about every situation that arises very well could.

During his run, Trump has been making rude (albeit hilarious) nicknames for people he dislikes. He has called NFL players "sons of bitches" and he definitely called Haiti a "shithole." He refused to renounce his endorsement of known pedophile Roy Moore and has failed to move on from Hillary as if she's his ex. The list goes on but Trump's inability to handle anything even at the level of a normal, functioning adult is baffling.

When Trump referred to MS-13 members as "animals" there was an uproar on social media claiming that he was calling Mexican immigrants animals. Liberals are stupid for doing that and the liberals click in our media and society will always make stupid judgements that ignore facts and context. However, the Trump White House subsequently released a statement defending Trump's comments attacking the gang. Again, not a bad move. The problem was the pettiness of the release which used the word "animals" 10 times just to spite everyone who had any remote issue with Trump's description of MS-13.

The immigration debacle again shines a light on Trump's maturity and personality. The family separation just never should have happened. Democrats are going to attack any Republican immigration policy literally no matter what it is. That is just how they think.

All Trump had to do was enforce his immigration policy without causing a humanitarian debate surrounding the leader of the free world. Criticisms from liberals would have fallen on deaf ears as they often do. Instead, Trump decided to do something that was both inhumane and utterly stupid. Trump turned what could have been a non-factor into an entire controversy that could very well cost him and other Republicans votes in upcoming elections. His showmanship shows no bounds.

As shocking as it may sound, creating humanitarian crises on immigration is not a good way to get people to vote for your party in future elections. It comes as no surprise that the approval rating for Trump amongst millennials (18-35) was at a sad 19% this past January.

Trump and his administration continue to do their best to push people away from the Republican party. There is undoubtedly a blue wave coming and Trump is only strengthening the tides.