Donald Trump And Kim Jong Un Meeting

Kim Jong Un Will Not Give Up All Of North Korea's Weapons, But There Still Might Be A Chance At An Agreement With The U.S.

The American government wants the North Korean government to give up nuclear weapons in a verifiable, completed, and irreversible manner.

308
Donald Trump

Trump and Kim Jong Un, North Korean leader, will meet in Vietnam this weekend.

They met before in Singapore. They both expected to sign the agreement to end the Korean War. But they still did not reach an agreement yet. Donald Trump and America distrusted the North Korean government and did not think they were truly willing to give up the nuclear weapon. The American government wants the North Korean government to give up nuclear weapons in a verifiable, completed, and irreversible manner. However, Kim seems not satisfied for this requirement.

Kim Jong Un will not give up weapons, that is true. And the agreement cannot be reached fully. North Korea is a socialist country where nuclear weapons are used to maintain the stability of the country instead of protecting the safety of North Korean. The autocracy system has always been challenged by American and other Western governments. However, if Kim gives up the important nuclear missiles, then North Korea will be easily cracking down due to the powerful military power from the U.S. and elites.

Kim Jong Un lives in a very exclusively imperial world. In his horizon, there is no North Korea. Only foods, wines, and girls can satisfy his needs. The large waste of resources and money have deprived people's income for whatever he wants. This kind of autocracy is preserved with the strong military force and the brainwashed education of North Korea. If the military forces are suspended, the West will quickly encouraged the North Korean pro-democracy groups of people to ignite the revolution to overturn the North Korea government.

Therefore, it is too early to say that the North Korean government can have a perfect deal with the American government. The American government is not silly. They clearly understand that North Korea may tear the agreement contracts. The Chinese government is also not willing to help America solve the missile issues because of the geographic and political relations. However, it is still possible that the North Korean government could gradually open its door to the world, though the political system is consistent. It is always better than nothing.