Trump Says 'Virtually Nobody' Is Affected By COVID, Which Has Killed 200,000 Americans
Currently

COVID Has Killed 200,000 Americans, But To President Trump, That's 'Virtually Nobody'

Some even expect that number to double by the end of the year.

608

The United States has just passed 200,000 COVID-19 deaths. There have been more than 6.8 million confirmed cases in the U.S. according to Johns Hopkins University.

According to Axios, "The coronavirus has killed a bigger share of the American population than it has in almost any other wealthy country."

While these numbers are shocking and completely heartbreaking, President Donald Trump is still downplaying the pandemic.

To say a virus "affects virtually nobody" when it has directly affected more than 6.8 million Americans — taking the lives of 200,000 and counting — is either blissful ignorance or an attempt to downplay the severity of the issue in order to secure more votes for the upcoming election.

When you look at the severity of coronavirus it is clear just how severe it is. Axios reported, "The death toll here is equivalent to roughly 65 September 11 attacks. Three times more Americans have died from COVID than died in the Vietnam war."

It is also now in the top-five mass casualty events in U.S. history.

The truth is that COVID has hit the U.S. hard and fast. In eight months' time, we have reached large scale numbers of infections and deaths. Yet our president is still not fully acknowledging the reality.

We can only hope that won't cost more lives.