Mom, I'm Sorry For Never Understanding Your True Worth
Moms

Mom, I'm Sorry For Never Understanding Your True Worth — Until Now

This break lasted a week and I took over most of her responsibilities. At the end of the week, I learned how much she does for the family and how much she sacrifices to make sure my dad and I are happy.

721

My mom had to take a break from her regular duties due to some personal reasons. She could not cook, could not clean, and had to stay away from any heavy physical activity. This break lasted a week and I took over most of her responsibilities. At the end of the week, I learned how much she does for the family and how much she sacrifices to make sure my dad and I are happy.

Thank you, mom, for everything you do. I now truly understand your value.

I, like most of the kids my age, always thought my mom nagged too much when she complained about no one helping her in the house. Whenever she asked me to something, I would say I don't have time because I have to study and then I would just waste time on my laptop.

But, now that I have had a chance to be in her shoes, I feel so guilty for doing any of that.

She wakes up at 5 a.m. every morning, Monday through Friday. She gets ready and has to make breakfast for her and my dad, make their lunches to take to work, and sometimes she even makes lunch for me. She has to do all that by 6:45 because she leaves the house by then.

Since I cannot wake up at 5 in the morning, I used to prepare sandwiches the night before and still get so tired and lazy. For breakfast, I made my dad make his own and make it for my mom.

When she comes back from work at 7, she has to make dinner in less than a half hour. And, she never takes the easy way out. My mom makes a full course meal for most of the week. As soon as she comes home, she goes straight to the kitchen and starts working. After dinner, she cleans up everything and washes all the dishes.

I came home from college, with two classes on some days, and I was beyond exhausted. Then, I sat down for a bit before I even stepped into the kitchen, and then even with the little rest in between, I made very simple things, such as pasta. Also, I made my dad wash my dishes because I was tired.

I didn't even do half the things my mom does for our family and I was exhausted by the night.

This past week really helped me understand my mom and all that she does for us. I came to realize that I always took my mom for granted. I love her a lot and I appreciate her even more.