11 Things You Know To Be True When You're The 'Makeup Guru' Friend

Come to my room and let me fix your eyeshadow.

98
Wikimedia

Makeup is one of the best parts of getting ready. You get yourself from a solid 4 to a definite 7.5 in a matter of minutes. It’s a time when you can socialize with your friends and sing along to some of your favorite jams before heading out to whatever you’re off to next.

If you’re the “makeup guru” of your friend group, you probably agree with me. At the same time, there are so many nuances that pop up when it comes to being the “know it all” of getting ready. If you’re the makeup guru of your friend group, you probably agree with these 11 things.

1. Your friends almost always ask you to do their makeup for the night

You really enjoy doing their makeup, but at the same time, you’ve got to get ready too.

2. If you don’t have time, they’ll settle for just the eyeshadow or a nice contour

If you must...

3. Every time they go to Sephora or Ulta, they invite you to tag along

You’re honored. Your bank account is not.

4. For every birthday, they get you some sort of makeup product

Thank goodness they understand you.

5. Whenever you’re not around, they ask you for makeup advice

What products should I get with my Sephora gift card? Does a red lip look good with this outfit?

6. You get lots of compliments on your makeup

Your friends really know how to gas you up.

7. When you compliment your friends on their makeup, they’re honored

But really, your friends are beautiful either way.

8. You sometimes worry about running out of makeup

You have so much that TBH you probably couldn’t run out of makeup, but you worry sometimes because you love your products too much.

9. You wash your makeup brushes more than usual

You’ve got to keep your skin clear when your brushes have touched everyone else’s skin.

10. You offer your friends unsolicited makeup advice

You regret it later, but you really just want the best for them.

11. You high-key love that they know how much you enjoy makeup

#Blessed to be here, ladies and gentlemen.