True Love Is Unconditional, Not On And Off
relationships

No one blatantly says, "I love you, but...", but it's revealed through actions.

611
https://www.pexels.com/photo/adults-affection-embrace-feelings-323181/

When people say "I love you," do they say anything else?

Nothing comes after that, just "I love you." No one says "I love you because..." or "I love you, but..."

It's just "I love you."

Why, then, do we accept conditional love? Why do we allow people to step on us and love us for what we can give them?

I've made that mistake several times. I've been with people who treated me like a queen when I was happy. However, as soon as a depressive episode hit, they were gone, just like that.

Moments like that stick with you for a long time. They hurt. Everyone wants to have someone by their side who will love them no matter the circumstances. Luckily, I've found that person, but it took a lot of heartbreak to get there.

A lot of people spend years dating people who don't love them for who they truly are. They love parts of you, but not all of you. You need to find someone who loves every single part of you, even the parts that you hate.

College is a time to do whatever you want. You can pursue a serious relationship. You can pursue a casual relationship. Maybe you don't want to date at all and want to just focus on academics. Whatever you decide to do for your love life in college, make sure you remember your worth.

True love isn't conditional. There's no such thing as love with limits. You deserve the best.

No one blatantly says, "I love you, but...", but it's revealed through actions. Maybe they ignore you when you're talking about something exciting. Maybe they only seem to enjoy spending time with you when you act a certain way.

There are no "buts" in true love. Our quirks and flaws are what make us special.