True Humanity Among the Humans

True Humanity Among the Humans

Those who go above and beyond

25
True Humanity Among the Humans
Little Vintage Nest

Our world was run on politics and, "he said she said." But the day the world started to fear was when we could not control what was happening to us. And it is then, that we need humanity to exist the most, to give us the hope we need to continue.

In recent events, we had not one, not two, but four hurricanes hit the Americas (North, Central, South and the Caribbean). Many people express their condolences, but truly as much as we appreciate those, we also really appreciate those that left their families to come help us in our time of need.

I was a part of the victims who were in Hurricane Harvey, although I did not get much damage, I did lose hope for almost a few days. I was scared. Scared for my family, my city, and my people. Yes, I had to leave my house, but I was alright with it, because in the end, what matters is being alive.

What surprised me more than anything was the amount of help we had gotten from not only the people in my city who were kind enough and caring enough to help even when they were in crises of their own. But also those people who came from all over the country to come and help us recover.

Yes, these hurricanes did a lot of damage. However, one good thing came from all of this: a united nation. I cannot ever thank God enough for showing all of us that there is still hope for humanity. It did not die, no. It exists among us, right now. People do care. No matter how many bad people are out there, there will always be more good.

The hurricanes and earthquakes and floods can tear apart anything in their way and no one can control that. We can only control one thing and that is how we react to it. What is our reaction to the damage being done around us? Do we sit back and just shake our heads? Or do we go out there and help?

To all of you who went out and helped us in one way or another, THANK YOU! You did what most people would not do in this day and age. You showed everyone that kindness exists. That humanity exists.

You are the change this world needs. The change that will heal this world's wounds. So please never stop being kind. You will be rewarded for it, maybe not now, but one day you will. Because not only do my family and I thank you for it, but all those people who let be apart of your world for just a minute, thank you. They bless you for doing what you were born to do. Be a human.