Trey Songz Needs To Pay The Price For Allegedly Assaulting Keke Palmer And Others

We need to start holding people accountable for their actions

1704

As a society, we have a major issue when it comes to how we handle sexual assault and harassment. Things have gotten better since the #METOO movement, but we still are not believing women in the way we should.

Victim blaming needs to stop right now. we need to change the view that it is just a societal issue we will always have, and start having the mindset that we will fight for our safety until we get it.

Women have been taught to be nice, quiet, and gentle so much so that when they use their voice to speak up about what is wrong it is viewed as unnecessarily aggressive, overreacting, or a lie.

So when Keke spoke up about her not wanting the video and how Trey didn't have her permission people had some strong views about the situation.

" dumb ass bitch Keke made trey take her out the video" -randomgirltv

"I'm glad Keke stood up for herself ✊🏾" -Angeline T

" I would have understood if she was half-naked or something but she was wearing a coat. She's trying to start some drama over nothing." -amelie1416

"Any woman in their right mind that can think about hiding in a closet can take their grown-ass outside of a big house and wait for their so-called uber that she didnt know was going to come in time if the video inside goes outside" -S E

"trey is smart. he don't want no problems with paying this bitch. the bitch is a lier. she knew what was going on when she saw the cameras and lights." -randomgirltv

"Keke said NO in private...Trey Songz didn't listen and took it as a YES publicly...so she had every right to then respond publicly to make it known that she did not agree to be a part of the video. He totally violated her rights and it makes him look desperate and dirty as an artist. I have lost a lot of respect for Trey as a "man". I don't care what he used or how short the time frame was...NO simply means NO!" -Tamara Harris

These were just a few of the comments under Trey Songz's "Pick Up The Phone" video. Even after allegations against him came out from multiple women people still said he could have done nothing wrong.

He should be held accountable for his actions. It is time we listen to the victims without tearing them apart and we need to start questioning their abusers.