Trends to Follow in 2021

Trends to Follow in 2021

Are you still trying to rock trends from two or three years ago? It's easy to let current trends slip past you while you're focused on everyday life. Here are some topics to get you up to date and looking great in no time.

19
Trends to Follow

Vintage Threads

Shopping used clothing isn't just thrift stores and yard sales stocked with someone's cast off purges anymore. There is a huge industry of consignment shops and online store fronts that curate the finest vintage pieces for the most discerning fashionistas. Apps like ThreadUp or PoshMark are a good place to shop vintage from home. You also likely have local thrift stores or Goodwills that can give you a broad idea of what you may like to focus on.

If you need more specific and carefully selected collections to pick from, consider Thrilling to be your one stop online shop. They have a wide range of collections that filter through decades, trends, and colorways. A few minutes of perusing their options may have your cart full of vintage concert tees, premium washed denim, or cottagecore gems.

Slides

Footwear that is all about comfort while relaxing after a long shift or working all hours from home should be a self care priority. If fuzzy slippers or thick non-slip socks make you itch or sweat just to think about, a lightweight pair of comfortable slides is just what you need. They can be found in a variety of playful colors and designs that thankfully puts your grandparents' house shoes out of mind. If you need to run out and check the mail or make a quick store run, there is no need to switch shoes with the right pair of slides.

It's important to choose a pair that won't counteract all the good of your downtime. Slides that will maximize circulation and back alignment will keep you feeling good til your next shift. Textures and details that make for a shockproof and slip free step will avoid trip and fall accidents that sometimes occur with cheap flip flops or sandals. Slides made of a durable material such as EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) are feather weight, biodegradable, and easy to clean. Add to all that the affordability and it is well worth finding a pair for yourself.

Studs

Are you looking to add a bit of flash to your look or a way to face frame for your next video call? Studs may be just the detail you need to capture attention and add a personal touch to that next selfie. A trail of studs or gems tracing the outside of your ear can easily catch the eye.

Long gone are the days of a single ear piercing. Multiple statement studs and cuffs along with gages and cartilage piercings can make a subtle tuck of hair behind the ear a glamorous reveal. A mix of enamel and metal studs will intrigue and speak to who you truly are.

You can be even bolder and add a twinkling nose stud to your profile. Nose piercing in ancient culture signified wealth and status. Why not add a touch of regality with a tiny glittering stud. You could also make a bolder statement with a delicate septum ring in precious metal. A combination of any or all of these is sure to turn heads and start conversation.

Hip Hop Jewelry

Chains, fine watches, and diamonds all can reflect wealth and status but they can also clue everyone in to the lifestyle you have chosen. A modern selection of hip hop jewelry will upgrade your wardrobe and is sure to impress.

Whether it is a simple cuban chain or a quality timepiece, a carefully selected item or two can take casual to elegant. Layering multiple chains or adding in some diamonds are a power move to build an iconic look. A ring or wristwear can make any hand movement commanding. A versatile accessory wardrobe is worth the time to assemble.

You can go a step further with the personalization by adding your name or keywords that clue everyone in your influence to just who you are. You can get a custom pendant made in a variety of font types and gem and metal mixes to create your unique icy vibe.

Making Beats

Whether you are looking to round out your hip hop lifestyle with your own beats, or maybe the indie game you're coding needs a soundtrack, it is easier than ever to make your own music. Apps like Apple's Garage Band or BeepBox are free ways to play with melody ideas and make your own chiptunes. It's a risk free way to start a fun new hobby and gain followers.

You may get more serious about your musical doodles and need some samples to flesh out your sound sculptures. Unison audio has a variety of unique soundbanks to choose from to add personality to your music. You can get hundreds of samples within any available soundbank at a hobby friendly low price. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose with these options if you have always wanted to make your own music.

Men's Skin Care

Many beauty companies have realized in recent years that men want and need the healthy skin products that are traditionally aimed at a female audience. Unfortunately that means the big box stores have a lot of low quality options, or male centered repackagings of skin care specifically formulated for women. It can make finding a trusted brand for men an unnecessary challenge.

The best skin care for men should find a balance in the ability to be used for a spectrum of skin types and also cater to the specific needs of male skin.

Keeping your skin care simple and just focusing on reducing signs of aging is a good place for anyone to start. A moisturizing Face Serum that reduces lines and wrinkles with natural oils is a healthy nightly habit. Adding in gentle scrubs and washes to clean and brighten your skin will have you looking your best in no time. Using a high grade sunblock will reduce the damage from UV exposure. Any moisturizing layer will prevent any damage from other environmental pollutants or drying.

Everlasting Florals

A floral arrangement from Venus Et Fleur is an elegant gift or home accent with beauty that lasts. With glowing celebrity endorsements from the likes of Cardi B and Kim Kardashian, this is definitely a trend that deserves investigation.

Eternity Roses from Venus Et Fleur are real roses sourced in Ecuador specially treated to last a full year with proper care. The blooms are paired with other fine materials such as marble or leather to create gorgeous displays that promise to enchant. Treat yourself or someone you love with an elegant bouquet year round.

Following trends can be a challenge, it helps to have it sorted and simplified with suggestions distilled from trendsetters and influencers. Using this shortlist of ideas will likely help to get you current and looking your best. These topics all suggest a healthy bit of nostalgia tied with modern sensibility that define current lifestyles. Let this be a template to build your own sweet style.