travel hacks

10 Travel Hacks You Need In Your Life

Traveling can be hard, but with these tips it will be a breeze.

46
10 Travel Hacks You Need In Your Life

With it being summer time, it is the time for travel. It is time to relax, have a nice vacation, and forget about any stresses you have. BUT, getting to the destination can be stressful. Traffic, airports, delays, you name it! Something always seems to go wrong when traveling. I have done my fair share of travel, so here are some tips that I have learned while traveling:

Always have cash on you

You never know when you will need cash, and you never want to be stuck in a situation where you need cash quick.

Have extra clothes in your carry on

Airports. Lose. Bags. All the time!!!!! This is the worst when you FINALLY land and you learn your suitcase is either lost or in a different state. I've learned that carrying an extra pair of clothes in your carry on is a good idea in case this ever happens.

Go with the flow

Especially when flying, you never know what's going to happen. Flights get cancelled, your gate changes, or the person next to you on your flight snores super loud. Instead of getting upset over things that can't be controlled, just go with the flow and try to relax.

Pack snacks

On long traveling days, there is nothing worse than being hangry. It makes the day worse than it already is and it isn't healthy. I always pack a little bag of snacks like granola bars, fruit, crackers, and of COURSE chocolate. It's nice to have on the flight or during a long layover.

Be early

I was once told "Being early is on time and being on time is late". This is actually great advice. It never hurts to have a little extra time instead of running to your gate in the airport. Lines are unpredictable, so give yourself some wiggle room.

Always bring a sweatshirt

It doesn't matter if you are going to the hottest place in the world…bring a sweatshirt. Planes are always cold, hotels can be cold, and sweatshirts are comfy. Every time I don't bring a sweatshirt on a trip, I regret it.

The magic dryer sheet

*If I remember* I throw a dryer sheet in my suitcase. It keeps your stuff smelling fresh (especially once things are dirty). I forget a lot of the time, but it's nice when I remember.

Bring a water bottle

When I'm flying, I bring an empty water bottle with me to fill it up when I get past security. I am not about to pay $4 for a water bottle, when I can fill one up for free. Plus, it's good to stay hydrated because airplanes suck the life right out of you!

Leave extra room in your suitcase

If you're anything like me, your suitcase is filled to the max. I overpack, sorry not sorry. In the past year though, I've learned that I am always coming home with more stuff than I left with. In my most recent trips, I leave room in my suitcase just in case I end up shopping.

Be polite

Traveling can be stressful and can make people bitter. There is no need to yell, scream, or be rude to anyone. The truth is, others are probably just are frustrated as you are. So try to take a step back and just enjoy the ride.